What's new

Discontinued Favorites

I'm disappointed the Palmolive stick has been discontinued. I still have a few, but once they're gone, that's it.

I have offered to give a couple to my uncle next time I see him (live on different continents so it's not just a drive down the road) as he mentioned the scent of Palmolive and was wondering if he could remember how to use the sticks.

That was the only soap my grandfather used, so it brings back memories every time I use it.
I have 2 Palmolive sticks left, they definitely work really well, and while the scent doesn't blow me away, I do always enjoy the smell of it when I'm shaving. Definitely a classic soap!

I was lucky enough to buy the last bottle of Skin Bracer at my local Wegmans the other day.
I rarely wear a fragrance, but this is one of my favorite grocery store brands, brings back memories of kidhood when I'd watch Dad shave and he would give me a little to splash on at the end.

I would have been very disappointed if I couldn't score one.

I still have two or three pucks of Williams that I'll visit from time to time.
What’s your source for Skin Bracer being discontinued? It seems readily available on the web. I think I recall seeing several bottles on the shelf recently when I was last in my local CVS.

Penhaligons tallow shave soaps, Czech & Speake tallow shave soaps, Art of Shaving Tallow shave soaps, Polsilver Super Iridiums, Yardley Black Label, Jabonman, Floid Blue, Simpson Two Band Brushes and a lot of products that slip my mind.
Jabonman is available at Pasteur’s, FYI.

Sir Irish Moos stick
Palmolive stick
Valobra
La Toja Manantiales
P160
TFS simple base formulation (not the intenso base)
Penhaligons tallow based formulation
Klar kabinett
Yardley black label
:concern::sad:
+1 for Yardley Black Label. I still have 1 cologne and 1 aftershave that I use sparingly for special occasions only.

Available but out of production I believe. Manuel had some health issues and stopped making soap and aftershave. Perhaps he has started production again.
I think he’s started again. I noticed they disappeared for a while too, and then Pasteur started carrying them last year.

Sir Irish Moos
Valobra
AOS Sandalwood (tallow)
I Coloniali
Klar Kabinett
Shaver Heaven Arctic Mango
Occam's Shaving Cream
Speick (tallow)
Tabac (tallow)
Haslinger (tallow)

Fortunately, I have adequate reserves of all these soaps/creams in the den.

Would love to get my hands on some Penhaligon's tallow soap.

I've been so sad to see some of my favorite products getting discontinued recently, from Tabac's formulation change (I know the new formula is probably good, and I stocked up on some tallow anyways), to PAA's Black Bot getting pulled, and now even the seemingly eternal Williams Mug Soap has been called off. I was late on the Williams news so I didn't get a chance to grab any pucks before scalpers got them all, so I'll be waiting a while for those prices to normalize. So I suppose my main questions for all of you friends who are much more informed than I are: 1. Do you guys have any suspicions of other classics potentially getting cancelled soon? I'd hate to see any other big ones like MWF, Arko, Cella, etc. disappear. Question 2, how can I keep a better eye out for the news of these products getting cancelled? I don't want to take advantage of people and buy everything to mark up prices and resell, but I WOULD like to grab a small pile to stave off me not getting to use them anymore. And finally question 3: What other discontinued favorites do you all miss? I'm still somewhat new to the vintage shaving hobby, so I'm sure there are many products I never even got to experience, so I'd love to hear some stories from you all! Thanks for reading and cheers everyone!
So, I've NEVER actually had the Black Bot soap, it was always on my radar but I guess I took it for granted for a little bit too long, sadly. A pretty long while back, maybe almost even a year now, I bought some body soaps from PAA because I think it's a really good way to sample the scents without committing to an aftershave/soap bundle which is what I usually want to get, and one of them was Black Bot. I put it in the pile of soaps and yada yada yada several months later I get to it, and good god was it just about the most heavenly thing I'd ever smelled. It's so charming, it smells exactly the way that you would imagine an old timey 60s aftershave would smell, and the same day I went on the website to buy the shave set and an EDP and it was discontinued already, probably within a few weeks of the time I'd discovered how much I loved it. I'm still pretty sad about that, but fortunately I was able to track down a bottle of a 1968 vintage Black Belt A/S, and it's fantastic, PAA did an amazing job with it though and if/when it comes back I'm gonna be one of the first ones to get it.

So, I've NEVER actually had the Black Bot soap, it was always on my radar but I guess I took it for granted for a little bit too long, sadly. A pretty long while back, maybe almost even a year now, I bought some body soaps from PAA because I think it's a really good way to sample the scents without committing to an aftershave/soap bundle which is what I usually want to get, and one of them was Black Bot. I put it in the pile of soaps and yada yada yada several months later I get to it, and good god was it just about the most heavenly thing I'd ever smelled. It's so charming, it smells exactly the way that you would imagine an old timey 60s aftershave would smell, and the same day I went on the website to buy the shave set and an EDP and it was discontinued already, probably within a few weeks of the time I'd discovered how much I loved it. I'm still pretty sad about that, but fortunately I was able to track down a bottle of a 1968 vintage Black Belt A/S, and it's fantastic, PAA did an amazing job with it though and if/when it comes back I'm gonna be one of the first ones to get it.
Yeah, it may be a while before they rerelease it, but it will definitely make a return eventually. I thankfully read about it in the newsletter and picked up an extra bottle of aftershave before it was discontinued, but I didn't get an EDP yet

e-shave cucumber cream.
597977D8-DC97-4C1A-98AC-EA83783AE5D7.jpeg

Top Bottom