What's new

Disassembling my razor

I received a gillette Fat-boy as a hand-me-down from my pops-in-law. I use this for my daily shave. What I was wondering is, can it be disassembled for an occasional THOROUGH cleaning (just a touch of the OCD here)? and if so, how do I do it? Any help would be great.

I have never kown it to be necessary to disassemble my Fatboy. I either drop it in my ultrasonic cleaner for a minute or the tried and true scrubbing bubbles and a nice boil.

Not all adjustables are easily disassembled so you may want to think twice about that and take great care in doing so.

You can disassemble it, but it is not necessary and you can break it (i.e-the adjustment indicator pin is very delicate). Just search on here for the best cleaning methods...such as boiling and soaking in alcohol.

Only the "D and some of the E" vintage Fatboys have a nut in the bottom knob which can be unscrewed with needle nose pliers. Most Es and later fatboys and slim adjustable have a crimped on fitting and so far no has posted a way to get it off without causing damage.

Top Bottom