What's new

Diner's

Quite a story. You might have seen this already.

Thanks Mike, cool story. I haven't been in there in years, was still under the drywall during the time i was a patron. From the google pictures it doesn't appear anyone was ever found to repair the drywall damage.
dave

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
The Sandpiper Restaurant near Pugwash, Nova Scotia.
proxy.php

proxy.php

It's one of the very few places that know how to do a Lobster Roll & Fries properly.

If you get a window seat in the right season you can watch the many hummingbirds at the nectar feeders hanging outside.
Love that. Thanks for posting.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
If I could go back in time, two of the first places I would visit are the Pig Stands I grew up going to in Beaumont.

The one on Calder, on it's last day:

Pig Stand College 1.jpg

And the magnificent drive-in on Calder:

Pig Stand Calder 1.jpg
Pig Stand Calder 2.jpg

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Harner’s Bakery & Restaurant in North Aurora, IL - Harner's Bakery, Restaurant & Catering - North Aurora IL

Why? Best everything! Best breakfast ever. Best donuts ever. Best cakes. Best sweets in general. They have a huge selection of sweets! Delicious menu of great food. The old school family restaurant vibe. Been open since the 60’s. Sets on the Fox River. Also right off the Fox River Trail so you can ride your bike there! Amazing in every way.

Not my photos - took them from the net

5C18776B-1E37-4667-9B1C-5C79A431888D.jpeg

FCB0CAFB-79BE-4C87-8437-7D409728158E.jpeg

5850CCC4-D172-492D-80E8-ED7EE19FD25E.jpeg

F69B6C49-2910-4697-BBE7-B2F5FD676C4E.jpeg

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Many years ago, I had a great oyster burger in the Red Rooster Cafe near Chemainus, British Columbia.

proxy.php

Yes, that's what it looked like when I ate there. Yes, this is a screen shot from "Five Easy Pieces". No, it's not where Nicholson had the famous "ordering plain white toast" scene. No, I wasn't in the movie. Yes, the burger was really, really good.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Went down to Beeville this past weekend to visit my dying cousin. While there i visted a pretty good diner. It was packed. Excellent art on the walls.

20190812_125232.jpg
20190812_125321.jpg
20190812_125742.jpg

I'm very fond of the Exmore Diner on the Eastern Shore of Virginia. Real old-fashioned looking diner with good food; great crabcakes. I have some photos somewhere. I'll have to see if I can dig them up.

The Virginia Diner in Wakefield, Virginia has an awesome buffet of good old Southern food!

Top Bottom