What's new

Different lettering and color my simpson brush

So o got these yesterday - the lettering and size is different - any idea what that means ?

Also the brush on the right hand when looking at the screen – it’s a little bit pink-ish compared to the rest of the brushes - is that normal?
4B37DB0C-9F88-4321-BA52-E0105E7260B8.jpeg

The Polo text on the middle one looks out of place to me, but I’m no Simpson expert. The Polo text intensity on the outer two just look a little different, but not concerning to me.

You bought these from an authorized dealer right?

Yes from very well respected vendor

I merely wanted find out if theee are any specific characteristics associated with brushes from different batches.

simpsons has changed their fonts andI also remember reading that pinkish rod was quite rare - I am just not sure where:(

The pink-ish handle used to be associated with pre-Vulfix Somerset brushes, I think. I don't know if such an old brush would still be floating around, but it's certainly an interesting find, nonetheless.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Nice brushes all the same. Sorry that I don have any more information for you.

I don't have an answer for you, but it would be interesting to see how the size of those compares to some "normal" size Simpsons. Can you share some pics?

Brush to brush variability is part of Simpsons ‘charm!’ :clap: :clap: :clap:

This characteristic endears Simpsons to some (like me) and enrages others!

The one on the right is from the beginning when Vulfix took over Simpson. I’ve had a few brushes with such engraving. The middle one is a bit different, but I’ve seen a few brushes like that from other people’s posts. All Polos ironically.

Top Bottom