What's new

Difference between Classic&Barberpole

I actually have the Classic, and find the Barberpole very nice. Furthermore, many people seem to like it.
I know the head is the same (but 2 pieces), the 38C is heavier and longer, but concretely, what is changed, what would I win/lose with buying this one? Is it worth?

Thank you!

I think it is just a personal preference type of thing, on DE's I like longer and or larger handled ones be it Merkur's or Gillette's or whatever as I have fairly large hands so I can get a better and or easier grip. I doubt you will gain much if anything other then comfort maybe be able to get the correct angle for a shave easier with the longer and or heavier handle, you will lose a few $$ but hey that's way AD is all about :biggrin: you can always re-sell one later or it could just be the start of a nice collection.

While I do think weight, balance and length are all relevant considerations, the part of the razor that is most important is the head design.

I believe, the Classic, HD, Barber Pole have the same head design in terms of blade exposure. They shave very similarly.

If you want a longer razor, the Classic long-handed has the longest handle.

In terms of whether you would enjoy a BP, the shave will be pretty comparable and its really a matter of personal preference as to whether you want to have two razors that perform fairly similarly.

Thank you!

The only "problem" is that I don't really know if I would prefer a long or short handle, a heavy or a light one... because I never tried another Merkur! And don't know anybody of my friend who has one (and would really someone lend one?).

Buy many of them to try? No, RAD will not come through me!

The Classic seems to me to be less aggressive than the Barberpole. It's also a lot lighter. The Barberpole gives me better shaves. It's also easier to load blades.

Top Bottom