SOTD 4/2/17
My Week With Mystic Water Coconut Sandalwood
The Noble Shave

Razor: Gillette Aristocrat

Blade: Astra SP

Soap: Mystic Water Coconut Sandalwood

Brush: TGN Finest in Rubberset

AS: Old Spice

It was a very stormy morning yesterday, so we had a slow start. My wife (Cate) wasn't feeling good, so she slept most of the day. With heavy thunderstorms rolling in, we didn't get any sun (or really, any light at all) until around 2PM. So I took my time getting up and moving. I was going to go with Irish Traveller because of the dark weather and rain, but decided I'd pretend it was summer instead and grabbed @dangerousdon 's brainchild - Coconut Sandalwood. I'll be honest, I'm not a big coconut fan, but the suntan lotion scent sounded too good to pass up. I'm glad I didn't, this stuff is great! The scent has grown on me, and now it's one of my favorites.
The shave started with Chris L's preshave, and a bunch of CocoSandal lather. The 'crat slid through the soap and took off 2 days of growth no problem. Maybe it was 3 days... Anyway, it was a fantastic shave. The OS aftershave paired pretty well, actually. Spicy summer scent! However - I almost bought some AS samplers a couple weeks ago (basically, the Fine's that I don't own). And as I was going to pick an AS yesterday, I kicked myself for not doing so. I feel like a sandalwood AS is needed, and I would've had Fine Santal - but nope! I was indecisive and now I'm paying for it... Moral of the story - just get it next time.
In the way of acquisition - I have a couple FP's coming today hopefully. A Parker 51 and 21 sold as a lot. I'm pretty excited to have my first vintage fountain pens. I'll get pics up once they're cleaned up and writing! Have a great Monday all!

IMG_0281.JPG

Nice read and shave Brent!
Yeah the old I wish I had purchased that blues. I kinda experienced the same thing with my choice today.

Very Nice Brent and with the CS try a base of Aqua Velva Ice Blue and then follow up with your favorite Sandalwood Frag, It will really bring out the aquatic notes as well, Or if you are able Get the Penhaligon's Blasted Heath as well which has a great aquatic opening and dries down to a sandalwood and cedar base. Good Stuff!!

Nice shave, Brent. I love your restored brushes, and that Aristocrat is in great shape.

The Coconut Sandalwood is a truly wonderful scent. I am glad that I bought two pucks when it was available. The Fine Santal Absolut does go reasonably well with the soap. You should not hesitate to pickup a bottle.

[QUOTE="dexutter, post: 8931914, member: 108196"

Funny Story: When my wife and I were presented by the pastor for the first time, he announced us as - Mr. and Mrs. Bruce DeSutter. True story...[/QUOTE]

Wow! I can't help but chuckle at that. :001_cool:

Mystic Waters Coconut Sandalwood gets a lot of love round here. I am not a raging fan of the Santal Absolute but I am somehow drawn to a more subtle sandalwood or a "spicier" one. Chris H sent me some DR Harris Sandalwood AS...THAT I like, like it enough I go the soap.

Great reads over the last few weeks Brent! Congrats on getting through the willy challenge and enjoying the tour of your DE's!

Gentlemen of the cadre, it's good to be back. It's been a solid 7 months since I've been on B&B. I'm not sure why, but I think it may have to do with my past year of working a terrible job/opening a dental office/finding a new job/not having extra income for my AD's. Some combination of those things, and I've been missing the forum. The past few days I've been thinking about B&B quite a bit, and this morning I got an alert from the podcast app about the B&B Radio show (thanks @skypsyd ) and thought I'd listen on my way home. Another excellent episode, and I felt the longing to get back into it! I've been without any new acquisitions (I did pick up a flare tip SS for my brother) since, well, last September... I've been moving through my stash pretty well, and I'm starting to long for some new scents. I think I'm gonna try and keep up with Chad's theme weeks, although I don't have a ton of options. I'll use what I've got! Glad to be back!

Top Bottom