What's new

Deodorant Vs Antiperspirant

I searched high and low to find a deodorant or ap that did not burn like hellfire after a few minutes. Almay fits the bill. Hypoallergenic, non-scented and works awesomely well. If they ever discontinue this product I am screwed. I have sticks of Burts, Toms of Maine, Speedstick and Gillette under the sink as I make a purchase every now and then to try and find a backup, which alas, I have not. I tried alum and it did not do it for me.

Dennis

I can't believe I haven't replied to this thread yet! I'm a firm believe in NOT using anti-perspirants. I believe they are bad for you skin AND are counter-productive because eventually they make your swear glands over-compensate which in turn means MORE sweat and MORE stink.

So I just use deodorant. Also, because I try to stay away from things with animal products, I use a natural deodorant.

This is by far the best thing I've found. It has a wonderful scent. It's not too pungent, it simple smells CLEAN. It's great on my skin and works very well.

... are counter-productive because eventually they make your swear glands over-compensate which in turn means MORE sweat and MORE stink.

So I just use deodorant. Also, because I try to stay away from things with animal products, I use a natural deodorant.

Interesting. So, did you revert from an antiperspirant to a deodorant? If so, was there some time before your system re-compensated?

Yes, I once used anti-persiprant. I tried all different kinds. None of them ever seemed to work for very long. So I would go months with sweaty pits. Then one of my friends suggested simply trying deodorant. It worked really well, especially the previous mentioned brand. I also shave my pits too, which really seems to help with the stench.

Mitchum Smart Solid AP/D is amazing. It's the ONLY thing that I don't sweat through and doesn't turn my shirts white.

Mitchum Smart Solid AP/D is amazing. It's the ONLY thing that I don't sweat through and doesn't turn my shirts white.

+1

My doctor also prescribed me Drsyol yesterday. We'll see how that turns out. In the SC humidity, I sweat terribly, mostly my face. Mitchum Solid still works very well, from armpits on down I'm dry as a bone :lol:.

anything with aluminum chloride in it gives me pit stains (and apparently alzheimers). The tea tree oil stuff keeps me dry and keeps me from smelling up the place with no yellowed or whitened shirts.

Clinique antperspirant deodorant stick, it workls great is un-scented and lets me use any cologne that I want without interfering:thumbup1:

I've used Ban for I can't tell you how long.

Next, I tried the Crystal Stick.

That didn't work. I thought I had to wait before it took effect. I remember Trader Joe telling me words to that effect.

Now I'm trying this one for the next couple of days. It's a definite improvement over the Crystal Stick.

I've bought a new deodorant. Actually 2. The first one was a natural one made by Earth Science called "liken plant" available at my Whole Foods. The thing is, its protection lasted for about 6 hours, which isn't the worst thing in the world, you just apply some more. However, after a week, it began to itch. Either that was self initiated, (I started it,) or not, I'll never know, the next day, every thing was fine, but I stopped using it anyway. I have to say I really slathered it on...

My new deodorant, Speed Stick, does not have aluminum in it, and it keeps me really dry, much more so than the previous product. The protection is so good, I can skip a day, and it doesn't "break." (still effective) YMMV on that, but a big :thumbup:.

The one I use. (New Link) 5/30/08

Certain Dri will eliminate sweating! period. Use whatever deodarant you want but you will not sweat. Read the directions b/c it will itch if not used right. Only use every other day at night.

Mitchum Solid unperfumed anti-perspirant does it for me!

I found that that the aerosol version isn't as effective and I get dampness and slight odor on hectic days.

Have tried Alum blocks - completely useless (for me). May as well leave the cap on when applying! :)

I used antis for a long time. I made many tests and found that anti's actually create an odor and wetness problem.

I quit using them and my odor dropped to nothing. My perspiration dropped to almost nothing when I quit using the Right Guard's etc.

I use a crystal stone when I am not using Lavillin.

Lavillin can be used once a week and is natural and REALLY WORKS!

Top Bottom