What's new

Dear Muhle! Please release a stainless steel R-41 head-only for sale!

I shave with the regular R-41 head and an Ikon handle,
the R-41 handle is too slippery for me (and not just for me..).
I would like to upgrade to the stainless steel version
So I would really like to see the SS R-41 head-only available for purchase

Cheers!

Last edited:
I agree. I don't really want the long handle that comes on the GS. A head only option would be great. I have plenty of stainless handles to use.

It would be a replacement part if they made it available. Maybe the SS version of the R41 has not been out long enough yet. We can always hope.
:D

Agree 👍

Attachments

• 20211124_190727.jpg
    20211124_190727.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 22
How much would we consider a fair price to be for a SS R41 head?

I think Muhle will bring this out soon; it's a product that will sell, and it's a product that will also be replicated for a third of the price soon enough from China ..

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
How much would we consider a fair price to be for a SS R41 head?

I think Muhle will bring this out soon; it's a product that will sell, and it's a product that will also be replicated for a third of the price soon enough from China ..
The Chinese have done it several months ago, and it is called "Dscosmetic Z0".
The complete razor is about US$ 42.84-55.44, depending on the handle options. The head is also sold separately at US$ 33.25.

Although limited, the aggressiveness may be slightly different. According to users, Z0 is slightly more aggressive than R41 GS.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Love your handle. Alpha Shaving / Executive Shaving even beat my Timeless handles. Not only shiny and interesting shape, the knurling is divine. I also love the longer Viper/Elegant handle, though I still would like an Alpha Bravo with just 1-2 more extra knurls. 😀

Iridian

Cool and slimy
I would love a Rocca stand that isn't upside down and without attached bird bathtub, too...

The thing is, German razor companies are slow to change things out innovate, Merkur didn't add anything new in decades. Mühle at least released a stainless steel razor and later the Companion razor.

I agree about the Muhle handles, they aren't particularly nice. You could just do what I did. Buy an R41GS, discard the handle, and fit your preferred handle instead. Mine is currently looking good on top of a 4" RazoRock titanium halo handle. A long handle does seem to help control the heavier stainless steel head, which is presumably why Muhle paired it with the Grande handle. I'm not sure they would sell the head without the handle much cheaper than the whole thing, which is perhaps why they don't bother?

When I got my GS model I was so looking forward for the first shave with it. In the middle I just put it down as the handle kept sliding down my hand. Went back to my Reg 41 ( with an Ikon handle) and waited until my other handle had arrived. I actually emailed Muhle and mentioned that I felt that they put Aesthetics over function into their razors.

Top Bottom