What's new

Darwin Ladys DE razor or moustache razor ?

I hate to be "that guy" but, I'm pretty sure the little symmetric DE razors of that size and shape are usually for corn and callous removal.

A proper mustache razor takes a blade with a more triangle shape being only sharp on one end.

Ladies razors of the era generally had smaller, sometimes shorter handles. They usually either accepted normal double edge razor blades or were miniature DE type models that took proprietary blades. Not including the odd round circular models, most safety razors intended for shaving unwanted hair, for men or women, were either of the single or double edge variety. Where the double edged models of that intention usually were of the size commonly associated with Gillette's double edged blades.

I think you have a corn razor. A very very beautiful one!!

I am by no means an expert though and would be happy to be shown otherwise . Especially in this case.

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
That is the Ladies Darwin called the Bijou. To the best of my knowledge Darwin never made a corn razor.

Darwins from left to right - Mustache, Bijou, De-Luxe
$Darwin De-Luxe, Bijou, Mustache.jpg

I know nothing about Darwin razors, but that is a beautiful piece. Good find!

Disclosure; I admit I read the title quickly and just HAD to see what lady's moustache razor looked like. 😮

Top Bottom