What's new

Damn Comfortable Shave

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Nope, The other side sticks out straight. The v side the blade edge furthest from the v curves down, and the closest edge to the v curves up. There's really nothing nice looking in any of it except the handle. The handle is cool

Here are some closeups of mine:
roedter blade1 20210620.jpg
roedter blade2 20210620.jpg

Straight on both sides - no "v" or ripples in the blade.

I'd use your 1909 like an SE razor and avoid the "v" altogether.

Today's shave with the Roedter 1909:
View attachment 1285100
Very good results: Smooth, bloodless and free of irritation. :)
David, I like pretty much everything in this picture. Well... almost that is.

I love the MdC soap, Nivea is a great no-nonsense balm, that HA is (I guess) a good stuff, too. And I'm sure the aftershave is a fine one, as well. EVO is an absolutely phenomenal brush, many would say the very best synthetic out there.

But for the love of me, I cannot make friends with that razor head design. When I see those long protruding pins, it gives me creeps, sorry.. Sorry?? No, I'm not sorry. It's horrendous, there I said it! I'm just being honest. PLS, PS, don't take it as an offense 😂 😂 😂

1624301744059.png

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
David, I like pretty much everything in this picture. Well... almost that is.

I love the MdC soap, Nivea is a great no-nonsense balm, that HA is (I guess) a good stuff, too. And I'm sure the aftershave is a fine one, as well. EVO is an absolutely phenomenal brush, many would say the very best synthetic out there.

But for the love of me, I cannot make friends with that razor head design. When I see those long protruding pins, it gives me creeps, sorry.. Sorry?? No, I'm not sorry. It's horrendous, there I said it! I'm just being honest. PLS, PS, don't take it as an offense 😂 😂 😂

View attachment 1285121

No worries, Dave. :)

Appreciate the complements on the rest of the kit.

The Roedter is a Fatip Grande that failed Fatip QC. The Cap has been ground down so that the blade is darn near flat.
roedter blade1 20210620.jpg

It is, to say the least, an interesting razor. ;)

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
⬆ Why, oh, why did they grind the cap that way? ⬆

Seems to me one of the great things about the Fatip caps is the bend induced in the blade.

Just asking for a friend of course, and doubt anyone here knows.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Top Bottom