What's new

Damaskeene vs. "regular" 1912

Title says it all. My understanding is the Damaskeene marking was basically early nomenclature for the 1912 patent SE.

But, I read somewhere on here that at least one person thinks the Damaskeene Gems are "better" shavers than the non-Damaskeene (I presume later production) 1912 patent SE's. Any opinions from anyone on whether there is a difference? I only have one 1912 from the 30's or thereabouts and was wondering if I am missing out on the earlier ones.

Title says it all. My understanding is the Damaskeene marking was basically early nomenclature for the 1912 patent SE.

But, I read somewhere on here that at least one person thinks the Damaskeene Gems are "better" shavers than the non-Damaskeene (I presume later production) 1912 patent SE's. Any opinions from anyone on whether there is a difference? I only have one 1912 from the 30's or thereabouts and was wondering if I am missing out on the earlier ones.

I don't have a damaskeene but the difference I see it that the "flap" on the 1912 is flat and on the damaskeene a little curved.

Top Bottom