What's new

Cyril R Salter

I have the French Vetiver and Fresh Mint ones. The latter is definitely minty (and green-colored). Does anyone know if these go bad? I've had the same containers for several years.

Any comment on how CS French vetiver compares to Martin de Candre vetyver?

Both are superb performers as can be expected. The Salter cream scent is like pulling out a bunch of vetiver grass from the ground with dirt still on the roots. The MDC is more refined with additional scents added. I like both but the scents are very different.

It and Cade are my wife's preferred creams... and the Salter costs about 1/2 as much, from the prices I've seen. I've got a tub of mint hidden away for her birthday next month.

She likes rose/floral smells a lot and just recently found out they made a rose... so that'll probably be on the next Christmas list.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
It and Cade are my wife's preferred creams... and the Salter costs about 1/2 as much, from the prices I've seen. I've got a tub of mint hidden away for her birthday next month.

She likes rose/floral smells a lot and just recently found out they made a rose... so that'll probably be on the next Christmas list.

The Salter Rose is very nice. :)

CRS Rose Cream is just as good for me as GFT Rose and I think I like its scent even better than that of GFT Rose. I find GFT and SRS to be a notch above the other British creams (which are all very good).

Eben Stone

Staff member
I've tried ToBS, GFT, and CF, but I haven't tried T&H or CRS.

Someone already suggested that CRS outperforms T&H.

How does the performance of Cyril R Salter compare to Castle Forbes?

Top Bottom