What's new

Cyril R Salter

Just received this cream today and had a shave with it. Wow....one of the best I’ve used.

The lather is unreal.

Anyone else had great results with this cream?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Just received this cream today and had a shave with it. Wow....one of the best I’ve used.

The lather is unreal.

Anyone else had great results with this cream?

Yep, @GAW9576 sent me some to try (wild rose) and IT....IS....AWESOME!!! Seriously, I'm partial to creams, but this really was the best I've used in terms of performance and scent. The wife and I have talked about going to Wimbledon next year, and I was planning on filling a suitcase of full of the stuff before returning home....but that trip is now on hold, so I guess I'll be buying it online. It really is a great cream!

Yep, @GAW9576 sent me some to try (wild rose) and IT....IS....AWESOME!!! Seriously, I'm partial to creams, but this really was the best I've used in terms of performance and scent. The wife and I have talked about going to Wimbledon next year, and I was planning on filling a suitcase of full of the stuff before returning home....but that trip is now on hold, so I guess I'll be buying it online. It really is a great cream!

Got mine on Amazon.

Just an amazing cream! Such a dense lather.
Im really impressed by this stuff.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Never tried it but have heard good things about it. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Amazing cream! I have 2 of them. Citrus and Sandalwood and i found them really great!
I really Love creams and these two are my favorites, but i am suprised because wet shavers don't mention them a lot, as they deserve!

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Can anyone compare the Salter cream to my favorites--Truefitt & Hill and Nancy Boy?
Sorry, I haven't tried those creams. It does blow TOBS out of the water both in scent and performance. Performance wise it is comparable in slickness and post shave feel of modern artisan soaps. I find it comparable to Wickhams 1912 though it loads easier as it is a proper British cream. Their scents are also truer to form than TOBS. I have CRS French Vetiver, Fresh Mint, Wild Rose, and Indian Sandalwood. West Coast Shaving has CRS for $15.00 and Connaught is a bit cheaper I think. It also comes in a 165g tub compared to most 150g tubs.

Can anyone compare the Salter cream to my favorites--Truefitt & Hill and Nancy Boy?

Truefit and hill sandalwood is my favourite scent of all time, but the performance has gone down over the years.

Cyril R Salter is by far a better performer.

I am very recent to wet shaving so I cannot compare Cyril R Salter to the other creams performance wise but when I, first, went shopping I smelled several of T&H and TOBS (shop had almost full arsenal).
I do remember I liked the smell for CRS way better to ''equivalent'' others* and what really took me by surprise (due to CRS was way more affordable) was shop owner response: ''Take CRS, you will enjoy it more''.
I chose French Vetiver (ohhh THE smell) and indeed feels very sleek and protective even compared to Haslinger and MWF soaps. Plus I find it lathers quite easy, at least with a synth brush.

*One exception was Castle Forbes Sandalwood, that thing smelled ..intoxicating and the second thing that left me hanging was Panacrema. Thank god for my wallet, shop was out of stock of Panacrema.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
I am very recent to wet shaving so I cannot compare Cyril R Salter to the other creams performance wise but when I, first, went shopping I smelled several of T&H and TOBS (shop had almost full arsenal).
I do remember I liked the smell for CRS way better to ''equivalent'' others* and what really took me by surprise (due to CRS was way more affordable) was shop owner response: ''Take CRS, you will enjoy it more''.
I chose French Vetiver (ohhh THE smell) and indeed feels very sleek and protective even compared to Haslinger and MWF soaps. Plus I find it lathers quite easy, at least with a synth brush.

*One exception was Castle Forbes Sandalwood, that thing smelled ..intoxicating and the second thing that left me hanging was Panacrema. Thank god for my wallet, shop was out of stock of Panacrema.
Ahhhh, CRS French Vetiver, it's the nectar of the earth spirits.

Last edited:
Indeed it is..and the worst thing is that I cannot find an aftershave that resembles it. Every vetiver I have smelled lacks that something.

I haven't noticed any deterioration in the performance of T&H creams. Ultimate Comfort, Grafton and No.10 (the "budget" line) are particular favorites of mine. But CRS must be something!

IMHO, my Cyril Salter rose cream is great, it performs well alongside the other major Brit creams, close to Castle Forbes and AOS, which are my benchmarks for shave creams.

cyril salter rose shavemac gillette slim roberts czech speake 88 december 19 2014.jpg

I really like the Indian Sandalwood. It's a Creighton product, so it's probably not all that different from T&H or Trumper performance-wise. However, the scent is amazing and the price is hard to beat for such a dense cream.

I really like the Indian Sandalwood. It's a Creighton product, so it's probably not all that different from T&H or Trumper performance-wise. However, the scent is amazing and the price is hard to beat for such a dense cream.

Id definitely a much better performer than T&H and trumpers, by far!

I have all 3 of those creams.

CRS creates a much denser lather and wayyy more protecting.

I love the indian sandalwood. Im a huge sandalwood fan and only have sandalwood products...lol

Top Bottom