What's new

Cycling does not have to take place indoors

proxy.php
proxy.php

Many people associate cycling with a fitness activity.
The truth is, that cycling is one of the most pleasant
ways to enjoy the nature and exercise at the same time.
When you arrive to a park, a lake, a river, woods, sea
- you don't have to think about "where is the parking",
because you take your bike with you. You can take a walk
with your bike beside you, get to the next exciting place
or just turn around and drive back home.
proxy.php
You can even get a wonderful shave while enjoying the nature.

proxy.php

So, after bumping into this thread, grab your bicycle, optionally a camera (you will probably already carry your smartphone) and let us see your bike or even better in some exciting environment.

Last edited:
That must be the 'Murican way? Cycle in front of the television :lol:
They laugh at my basket, but I can haul almost a hundred bucks in groceries! :thumbup1:

I seriously would love to have one of those, but my area is the opposite of smooth. Very, very hilly. Up - down - up - down - etc. etc.

$03272547.jpg

We've been on tour for exactly one year today and are still a few weeks away from home. We're currently heading north through the central Sierras and will be in Yosemite in two days.

There is no such thing as riding a bike indoors...that's just mental masturbation!

Enjoy the ride,
Jay

I ride my bike indoors when the weather is not so nice. Living in upstate, NY that means 4-6 months out of the year. But none of those contraptions that hold you steady, oh no! I have Rollers. Hard to get at first, but not too bad now!

But, I'd much rather ride outdoors. 30 minutes on the rollers and I just gotta stop, its too boring after that. Outdoors? I can ride for hours with pit stops and food! :)

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Hmmm... I could get a couple of cases of beer in that...

My first thought as well! You know how hard it is to carry a 12pk in one hand and steer with the other? Or how bout a bottle of wine...that was tricky.

Here's my bike. Schwinn

In Copenhagen it's possible to borrow a bicycle for free, even an el- powered ...

proxy.php

That is fantastic!! In Dublin though they have slightly the same type of city bicycles.
Except you have to pay for it and you can leave the bikes in different places where those bike parkings are.

Btw, it doesnt look very occupied/ used in Copenhagen. Lol.

That is fantastic!! In Dublin though they have slightly the same type of city bicycles.
Except you have to pay for it and you can leave the bikes in different places where those bike parkings are.

Btw, it doesnt look very occupied/ used in Copenhagen. Lol.

I've used those bicycles in Toulouse as well. Very easy system, and the bikes are well maintained.

For those visiting the Netherlands; you can rent bicycles at many train stations. Something like €3 per day, and they are good quality, sturdy bicycles.

Top Bottom