What's new

Curse You Bass Pro

Why am I starting a thread here with a title that includes a sporting goods company? Because they bought Cabelas where I was getting my Khakis. Now they are no longer carried. They fit perfect, were tough, looked good, were tough, inexpensive and LASTED! Did I mention they were tough? I bought my last pairs 2 years ago and they saw once-twice a week wear, and washing.

The cuffs are looking a tad rough so I hopped on line to buy a couple more pairs. nope not there. Nothing even close. I quit buying stuff from bass pro many years ago because it was and is horrible. Quite frankly I'm super irritated. Now I need to find somewhere else. Being a big guy makes buying clothes tough to begin with, but now I have no idea where to purchase.

:a31::a32::a31::a32::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:

I definitely liked Cabela better than BassPro. Hopefully things will change to make them more like Cabela and less like Bass Pro.

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk

there were a few golden years in the mid -to- late 1990s where Old Navy jeans were built so tough they could last literally like a whole decade of the grunge and flannel look with rigorous abusive grungee use. Then around the mid -2000s when i finally needed new ones....the old navy jeans were now made out of some sort of denim colored tissue paper. They were nothing like those old carpenter and painter jeans from the good ol' days.

Since then I've had really good luck with Eddie Bauer stuff in the last 10 or so years, they make really nice jeans, khakis, shirts, jackets, shorts, hats....me and the wife both have a little bit of everything from their outlet store in the poconos.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
That sucks, but it's just the way of the world. Lots of brands drop favorite items or quality goes down when they move manufacturing or what have you. Fortunately khakis are a pretty common item. I'll second Duluth; great recommendation. I also like the Kirkland brand chinos that Costco sells. You might want to check EBay for NOS Cabelas khakis. Sometimes people buy up items being discontinued and sell them on EBay or Amazon.

Love Duluth for undies and their long tail Ts. Wrangler eh? Ill look into them. Off to ponder the the direction of my work wardrobe.

I was in Bass Pro yesterday and they had a lot of Cabela's branded stuff in the Bass Pro racks. They're trying to start combining the lines.

I never knew they sold khakis.

Sure did. Tough, long lasting comfort waist and just the right looseness in the leg. I get claustrophobic in anything trim. I don't care how much they stretch.

Still have not found a replacement. The wranglers did not feel right. Maybe I need to give them more of a chance.

If you dont mind the cargo pant look. The urban recon pants from la police gear are awesome and go on sale for $17 occasionally. I know a roofer who swears by them as he goes through alot of clothes. I decided to try them and they are excellent so far. I have thunder thighs and have a hard time finding pants that fit. I bought 5 more pairs for work (construction).

I second the recommendation for Duluth Trading company.
We live about 5 miles from the mother ship and shop at the home town store in Mt. Horeb WI. Quality is job one with them, durability is a very close second. Once you find the style that fits, you will never go back. Their Buck Naked Performance Underwear is one of the best, second only to Saxx in a merino. Nothing else comes close.

Top Bottom