What's new

Curry Paste

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I like what might be called Indian style curries and use exclusively Pataks pastes. A tip is to use the excess oil on the paste surface to fry onions etc. before adding the paste to make your sauce. When the oil is used up you can add some sunflower oil into the top of the jar ready for the next time you fry. All the varieties are excellent but this is my favourite one.

View attachment 1227411
They need a little more heat, but they are good.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I've not found a product from Patak's that I've not enjoyed. Makes things so so easy.
I remember "back in the day" I'd use that stuff a couple times a week from time to time ... just fry up a generic curry of some sort by adding some of that stuff and diced tomatoes to the fry-up.

The kicker would be to get a jar of their lime pickle and have a bit on the side ... super-spicy!

shavefan

I’m not a fan
I'm a fan of the Mae Ploy Thai curry paste :drool:, I make a Thai curry dish at least 3 times a month. Red, Green & Massaman are staples in our refrigerator.

I am a big fan of Japanese style curry, if you never had it, give it a try (its very different though from the indian)

View attachment 1227420
Yes, we are fans of Japanese curry. We recently introduced it to our teenager who use to be a picky eater. He loved it. He loved it. I will soon order him a Katsu curry because he loves Katsu also. Kid is destroying groceries on a daily basis.

Top Bottom