What's new

Current production blades similar to Polsilver

I'm currently on my last Polsilver blade and really enjoying how it shaves, so as the title states, what current production blades are close or similar in performance to them?

Thanks in advance.

I'm currently on my last Polsilver blade and really enjoying how it shaves, so as the title states, what current production blades are close or similar in performance to them?

Thanks in advance.
I hear the Wizamet Iridium Super from Russia is pretty similar. So is the Personna Lab Blue.

Sent from my CPH1969 using Tapatalk

Yeah the Wizamet and Polsilver blades feel similar. Polsilver blades are made in Poland and Wizamet is made in St. Petersburg, Russia.

Polsilver blades are made in Poland and Wizamet is made in St. Petersburg, Russia.

Nope. In modern history, both were made by the same PPI factory in St Petersburg.

7F49BF87-16EF-432C-B7F5-E692501F615B.jpeg
F725DCA2-D6AA-4C6D-98BD-E704715584BE.jpeg

Since around 2008 they started making Polsilver Super Iridium in Russia for us in Eastern Europe where the Polsilver brand was very well known and the only good thing in the 70s-80s. Prior to that the last Polsilver Super Iridiums were made in Poland in the 90s. If I ask anyone from my father's generation if he knows of Iridium blades he will most probably say no. But if I ask if they know Polsilver the answer will be yes.

The microscope tells the tale.

Although they might feel similar, they are clearly not the same blade.

Yeah the Wizamet and Polsilver blades feel similar. Polsilver blades are made in Poland and Wizamet is made in St. Petersburg, Russia.

+1! I believe the Wizamets were from Poland while the Polsilvers are Russian, but my memory may be incorrect. In any event both are excellent IME!! :a29:

Top Bottom