What's new

Curiosity Got Me to Peek Into the Nib, and Now it Begins

And what btw. it is really astonishing for me that there is so little information about the razors. With pens there are plenty of catalogs and information available, e.g. I do have from Waterman 58 catalogs from 1885 to 1953. If the German Rotbart company Roth-Büchner were a fountain pen producer there would have been published a full book with lots of information and photos.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
I come from the fountain pen side and yes it is a deeper rabbit hole. Fountain pens have many different filling mechanisms, objectively determineable nib properties, different materials and really different styles. And if someone likes he can use a fountain pen the whole day and not just once or twice a day for 30 minutes. A straight razor is to dangerous for me now, a SE razor to unusual and to much work for my shaves. That leaves me with the DE razors and they are really all just Gillette clones. I have now 15 DE razors for shaving, testing and having a bit diversity. I don't see any other razor I would like to have and I don't see any point in diversity with cosmetic products.

I have attached a photo of the pens I use in my office. A Waterman 44 safety pen (safety pen and safety razor matches well) with Italian Koska 14k overlay and a fine very flexible nib, and a Platinum Preppy Hello Kitty! pen with converter.

View attachment 1028816
Love it! I trust the Hello Kitty pen is only for signing the really important documents!

HKW.jpg

It actually looks as though the Waterman would make an excellent signature pen, what with its italic or flexible nib.

I indeed use the Hello Kitty! pen for notes and the Waterman for signatures and also notes. It has a fine, flexible nib which can be written dynamically for effect or with light pressure for small scribble.

Top Bottom