What's new

Creek ready ... those pesky tiny thing better learn to stop stealing my bait and hook themselves dang it !!!!

I have not gone fishing in many many month, mainly because I have been good at pretending I was too busy doing nothing. Did not renewed my fishing license back in September and just left the tackle box collect dust, managed to hide the fishing rod sometimes during the autumn.

Got the fishing license back a month ago or so and did nothing with it. Finally decided it was time to stop that non sense and get ready.

Opened all the boxes to see what I needed and I am sure like many of you I have enough for a few years execpt maybe those pesky hook and bobber that seems to prefer living in trees rather than in my tackle box ! Go figure.

A box of red worm and I will be ready.

I generally hop around the small creek around here so the old crusty Shakespeare is all I need as well as 2 small tackle boxes in the pocket, one for the soft plastic and one for the worms.

IMG_1859.jpg

This year I will finally target catfish and I will do some pole fishing ... No more excuse for those either

Went to get the necessary stuff to get ready at the local academy a mile up the road. Before getting into the store I decided to open the car armrest and see what was there. I guess I have been a good little squirel, save for the worms and float , everything else was in there, I must have picked those when they were on sale and just drop them in there for the rainy days ...

IMG_1860.jpg

I’m anxiously awaiting my annual Father’s Day trip. The past couple years, my preferred Yellowtail have not been targeted by the sport boats given the abundance of Bluefin Tuna in our day range.

This year, they have revisited the islands and have found some luck in locating those Jacks, in the nice 25+ models…

Was in my local Big5 yesterday getting a pack of Senko’s in 297 - teaching my daughter that lures are designed more to catch the fisherman than for the fish…

Tight lines !!

The first poor soul of the year

IMG_1861.jpg

I am more of a bridge troll than anything

IMG_1863.jpg

With the amount of rain we got this week all the way until yesterday afternoon, the water was pretty clear

The last one of the day. 1/32 jig head, a piece of worm and that's it, I generally do not catch monster this way but it is more fun to see and feel the line tighten than the bobber sink down.

IMG_1870.jpg

Well lets face it, an 1" of rain overnight changed the pace of that creek a bit with an extra foot or two of water rushing around. Did spent a bit of time going upstream through brush an crap and found the spill way as I could hear the water. It looks promising if it holds water, I'll come back in a few days and check it out.

IMG_1876.jpg
IMG_1877.jpg
IMG_1878.jpg

I did found the easy way in too, turns out the trail was 50 yard away to where I started making my way to it ... oh well

Top Bottom