What's new

Cream or creme

If there's any thing related to French stuff, like, "Creme de la Frog" then I use the creme spelling. For good old American stuff, like shave cream and coconut cream pie and the like, then cream does it well.

Actually, in French, it's not creme but crème, with an accent grave as it is called. :smartass: As for pronounciation, it's closer to 'crame' than to 'cream'.

:biggrin: If it's labeled as a "creme", it's usually a couple of bucks more than someting labeled "cream":biggrin: :tongue:

Haha, this reminds me of a line from Anthony Bourdain (paraphrasing here), "What's the difference between halibut and striped sea bass?...about $3 a pound."

I always get a kick out of that.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
We say cream here in UK - fashion may go a little French and say creme. It is all soap at the end of the day.

Yeah. And why do they call it crème fraîche? It's made by leaving fresh cream out overnight until it's soured by bacteia cultures. :lol:

I thin it's cream as in:

"I stepped in a big pile of shhhhh . . . aving cream, be nice and clean. . . .
Shave ev'ry day and you'll always look keen."

Yeah. And why do they call it crème fraîche? It's made by leaving fresh cream out overnight until it's soured by bacteia cultures. :lol:

Crème fraîche sounds better then curdled milk, or even yogurt.

Things sound better in French. Merde sounds better than its English equivalent. :wink:

Top Bottom