What's new

Corporate Wisdom

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Jumbo shrimp.

Sorry, when I read the title "corporate wisdom", I thought this was a thread on oxymorons.

Jumbo shrimp.

Sorry, when I read the title "corporate wisdom", I thought this was a thread on oxymorons.

:thumbup1:

I was reminded of this:

<insert company name here>, feeling it was time for a shakeup, hired a new CEO. The new boss was determined to rid the company of all slackers.

On a tour of the facilities, the CEO noticed a guy leaning on a wall.

The room was full of workers and he wanted to let them know that he meant business.

He walked up to the guy leaning against the wall and asked, 'How much money do you make a week?'

A little surprised, the young man looked at him and replied, 'I make $400 a week. Why?'

The CEO then handed the guy $1,600 in cash and screamed, 'Here's four weeks' pay, now GET OUT and don't come back.'

Feeling pretty good about himself, the CEO looked around the room and asked, 'Does anyone want to tell me what that goof-ball did here? '

From across the room came a voice, 'Pizza delivery guy from Domino's.'

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but a rebranding program is designed to increase revenues and lead to company growth, right? I can see how moving forward with that kind of investment is a good idea in a bad economy.

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but a rebranding program is designed to increase revenues and lead to company growth, right? I can see how moving forward with that kind of investment is a good idea in a bad economy.

Even if that were the case (in this case), there are ways to approach such that do not alienate the people who actually get the work done.

No, a rebranding program is designed to make people forget a company's bad business practices, mistakes by senior management and evident deficiencies in product and service offerings by replacing an old logo and tagline with a new one. Oh, and it's also designed to give the new overpaid CMO something to hang her hat onto and millions of dollars to spend with advertising agencies and PR firms that will someday return repay her patronage with a job when she inevitably is given the boot for not doing anything tangible to improve revenue and growth.

As someone who has participated in many rebranding initiatives, I speak this from experience.

Jeff in Boston

:thumbup1:

I was reminded of this:

<insert company name here>, feeling it was time for a shakeup, hired a new CEO. The new boss was determined to rid the company of all slackers.

On a tour of the facilities, the CEO noticed a guy leaning on a wall.

The room was full of workers and he wanted to let them know that he meant business.

He walked up to the guy leaning against the wall and asked, 'How much money do you make a week?'

A little surprised, the young man looked at him and replied, 'I make $400 a week. Why?'

The CEO then handed the guy $1,600 in cash and screamed, 'Here's four weeks' pay, now GET OUT and don't come back.'

Feeling pretty good about himself, the CEO looked around the room and asked, 'Does anyone want to tell me what that goof-ball did here? '

From across the room came a voice, 'Pizza delivery guy from Domino's.'

That was a good one.:thumbup:

Top Bottom