What's new

Coordinating Colonge with shaving soap

hey there,

theres alot of shaving soaps/creams out there that have their matching colognes, all the truefitt and hill (except ultimate) line, penhaligons, floris, geo f thumper, and i also saw that mama bear makes shaving soaps using scents from different popular colognes on the market, like armani code black and ralph lauren polo,

so...
1)do many of you here combine their colognes to their shaving soaps ?
2)do you think its worth it ?
3)Declaration by cartier, has a strong cedarwood scent, actually when i put it on i smell like a pencil, anyone compared it to the Truefitt and hill Trafalgar line ? which from my understanding is also cedarwood based ?

hey there,

theres alot of shaving soaps/creams out there that have their matching colognes, all the truefitt and hill (except ultimate) line, penhaligons, floris, geo f thumper, and i also saw that mama bear makes shaving soaps using scents from different popular colognes on the market, like armani code black and ralph lauren polo,

so...
1)do many of you here combine their colognes to their shaving soaps ?
2)do you think its worth it ?
3)Declaration by cartier, has a strong cedarwood scent, actually when i put it on i smell like a pencil, anyone compared it to the Truefitt and hill Trafalgar line ? which from my understanding is also cedarwood based ?

I try to use soaps and creams that don't linger, pretty much for this reason.

Personally I don't, and to comment on Scott's statement, I haven't found a soap / cream where the scent does linger. You know of any examples?

Personally I don't, and to comment on Scott's statement, I haven't found a soap / cream where the scent does linger. You know of any examples?

Tabac can linger a bit. I find all the C&E products linger as well. If I like any of these products well enough to use, its usually followed by a short lived AS splash like Mennon's Skin Bracer, or something relatively unscented, like Proraso balm, and then I don't use anything else.

WOW, I own all of those and don't find either lingers. Body chemistry maybe??

That being said, whenever I use Tabac cream, I usually use Tabac EDC, just because I love the scent so much.

WOW, I own all of those and don't find either lingers. Body chemistry maybe??

That being said, whenever I use Tabac cream, I usually use Tabac EDC, just because I love the scent so much.

Bravo! On both points I agree.:yesnod: Body chemistry really is the big determiner! One other thing, how well you rinse and with what, also makes a significant difference in how long a (soap) fragrance will linger.
Elevated body temp will also bring a(n unwashed) fragrance back to nose. BUT, it is so much fun spending (wasting?) money on layering, that I have few combinations that are not the same or at least similar..:blushing:

Top Bottom