What's new

Cool Aftershave Splash

Aloha,

Finally understanding what they mean by different angles of hair growth. It seems that right under my chin on the right side the hair grows to the right. On the left side it grows down. Really weird. But at least I'm getting a closer shave now.

The question I have is with aftershaves. I currently use Skin Bracer I really like the super cooling effect and scent. Is there another aftershave that has the same cool kick? I've purchased and tried Aqua Velva, Stetson, Pinauad Clubman, Old Spice, and Brute. None of them have the same cooling effect as Skin Bracer. Any suggestions?

Mahalo,
Merry Christmas!!!

Proraso green has a nice chilly menthol blast, but IMHO Alt-Innsbruck has the coldest and most bracing post shave feel!! Both are top 10. You might also look into Osage Rub. It's not the best healer but its pure menthol. Needless to say it will wake you up in the morning!

Proraso. It's got (IIRC) aloe vera or witch hazel or something similar in it too, and allantoin, so it's really good for your skin, too.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
An alternative would be to add some peppermint essential oil (start with 1 drop and increase where needed, shake well). It will mimic the menthol and give you a bigger kick.

Osage Rub or Alt Innsbruck are definitely high on the menthol kick list. I just ordered some Kramperts Frostbite which Ive read about here. I can't report on it yet but people say it is great.

Kramperts for sure. There is also Fine Accoutrements which smells amazing (there are 4 scents, all good) and also has a nice menthol kick...on par with Alt Innsbruck.

Aloha Serikloo,

One of my favorite cooling aftershaves is Lucido. It is unscented but has
a slight hint of menthol that dissipates quickly.

You should be able to find it in the city at Shirokiya, Don Quijote, Marukai, or Nijiya.

$lucido.jpg

Last edited:
Aloha,

Thanks for all the advice.
Just ordered the Proraso we'll see how that goes.
I haven't been to Shirokiya in years. Now I have a reason to check them out again. I like that it is unscented.

Mahalo,
Merry Christmas!!!

Aloha,

Thanks for all the advice.
Just ordered the Proraso we'll see how that goes.
I haven't been to Shirokiya in years. Now I have a reason to check them out again. I like that it is unscented.

Mahalo,
Merry Christmas!!!

Great choice going with the proraso! You won't be disappointed!! :thumbup1:

You can try mixing your favorite mentholated AS with 444 After Shave Gel...it will give the boost you want plus it will moisturize your face!

Last edited:
Top Bottom