What's new

Considering a CS Churchill

Question for those in the know. I am considering an investment in a new CS Churchill. How well does it write (ink flow etc) and is it worth the price? I drive a Parker Duofold Centennial Marbled Green XF which I love. I've written with this pen for 25 yrs or so. Also have a Pelikan M1000 that I just cant get used to. The ink flow is just so sloppy fast even with a fine nib. The ink just seems to fall out of the pen. Balance not all that great either with the heavy piston mech aft. Thanks

Welcome to B&B and The Nib, Doc. I have never used a Churchill, though it is a mighty fine looking pen!
I love Pelikans, but don't have an M1000 but love my M800 and M805! Sorry to hear about the issues you are having with the 1000, hope you get them sorted out.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Welcome to B&B!

The M1000 is a very large pen, I laughed the first time I tried one and saw the huge nib! But I'm used to the 400 size, which for me is perfect when posted.

Your heavy flow issues can easily be addressed with a competent nib worker that can adjust it to your preference. Or Chartpak can help if you are USA.

As far as the Churchill, those are a little out of my realm but if I did get one it would surely be the lever filler ... I don't think I could pay over $500 for a cart/converter pen.
There are Churchill owners here, let's see what they say as they chime in.

Question for those in the know. I am considering an investment in a new CS Churchill. How well does it write (ink flow etc) and is it worth the price? I drive a Parker Duofold Centennial Marbled Green XF which I love. I've written with this pen for 25 yrs or so. Also have a Pelikan M1000 that I just cant get used to. The ink flow is just so sloppy fast even with a fine nib. The ink just seems to fall out of the pen. Balance not all that great either with the heavy piston mech aft. Thanks

Pffffttt, Churchhill smurfhill. You have a fp you have been using for 25 years?! That's just awesome. Pictures! History!

Wow, I've been using both my Targa and Century for 25 years, compared to those skinnys those Churchills are huge.

A bump to refresh topic. I'm still contemplating the Churchill. Any new opinions? Also, any recommendations on a nib worker for the Pelikan ink flow issue? Thanks in advance.

Top Bottom