What's new

Confused by gift

I'm of the opinion that the limited blade options for these razors are a plus - the endless search for the One True Blade that DE shavers go questing for is not a part of the SE world; we just get down to shaving. With the exception of the miserable DORCO SE blades, all the various SE shaving blades are cranked out at the same factory at Verona, Virginia, be they GEM, PAL, Treet, drug store brands or whatever. The difference is whether or not they are stainless steel (broken down into two sub-categories, PTFE coated or non-PTFE coated) or carbon steel. PALs and Treets are, if memory serves, only available in carbon steel. Most of the drug store blades are stainless, non-PTFE coated. PTFE coated blades are primarily used in a laboratory setting, hence their availability in bulk from medical suppliers like Ted Pella.

Tryablade has a selection of all the SE blades if you want to try a few to see if the SE razor works for you (it will). Blades are a bit more expensive, but this is offset by the longer life you'lll get per blade, like 7-10 or more shaves each.

R

romsitsa

The rivets being unplated brass, is this a factory feature, never noticed it? It makes the back more interesting, imho.

Adam

I have been over to tryablade.com and find they offer two blades, a carbon steel and a stainless. It doesn't say coated so I will assume they are uncoated then.

KM

I have been over to tryablade.com and find they offer two blades, a carbon steel and a stainless. It doesn't say coated so I will assume they are uncoated then.

KM

Tryablade carries the PTFE coated blades, but they seem to be out of them at the moment. The little "Blades on the Way" box off to the right on the SE blade page indicates they are waiting for PTFE coated blades as well as PAL Blue carbon blades. You might want to drop them a note to see how long the wait will be.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
You could order 10 PTFE blades for not very much money from Connaught shaving.

I just did this. Jump in and got these blades coming. If they work for me then great. If not, I will be on the look out for something else. Thanks guys, now I have a time to wait for them to get here and actually use them.

KM

You could order 10 PTFE blades for not very much money from Connaught shaving.

Anyone ever have issues with shipping? I don't want to get too worked up. It has to come over the pond, during the holidays but I never got an email with a tracking number.

I did get an email saying they have my order.

I sent an email to them this afternoon but time differences and all not sure when they will even see it.

After the weekend I will try them again Monday evening.

KM

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Anyone ever have issues with shipping? I don't want to get too worked up. It has to come over the pond, during the holidays but I never got an email with a tracking number.

I did get an email saying they have my order.

I sent an email to them this afternoon but time differences and all not sure when they will even see it.

After the weekend I will try them again Monday evening.

KM
Same thing happened to me when I first ordered it seemed a little long but then it arrived. They are good company and will not forget about your order. The amount of parcels in the postal service is staggering around this time of the year. They will track your parcel but it at a premium price & depending on the amount ordered it is not worth it.

congrats on the gift.

honestly the blades I bought under the meijer brand name in the shaving section are pretty darn good. made by accutec, inc.

camo

Well I was gone the week of Christmas and thought I would come home to a package waiting for me.

It's just the little kid in me wanting to use this razor and I don't have a blade to put in it.

Thanks again.

KM

Top Bottom