What's new

Concealed Carry Awkward Moments

I know some of us have a concealed carry permit. Has anyone had an awkward moment while they had a weapon concealed?

My brother is a detective for the police dept. he works for and is required by the police dept. to carry at all times. The whole family was at a restaurant for my parents 50th anniversary. My brother was talking to me and he was telling me about how much he liked the pants he was wearing, Woolrich Elite, and how well they concealed the pistol he was carrying at the time. My sister who was only listening to part of the conversation we were having blurts out kind of loud," You mean you're carrying a gun?" At that moment the noise that is usually in a restaurant was not there. So a few people looked our way. My bro already had his badge out to show everyone. Needless to say he was giving my sis the stink eye and did not speak to her for a few minutes.

Any other stories?

Had a lady in church throw her arm around me in a hug unexpectedly, arm did not make it down in time and her hand landed right on my Glock.

The look she gave me was real interesting till I explained it was legal.

She and her husband now carry.

Had a lady friend give me a hug and she felt my Sig P245 after an awkward what the heck is that look she said oh I forgot you carry.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
Semi related...

Im going to the CHL class tomorrow. All of the classes are usually offered on the weekends, and I work the weekends. So a couple of people I work with arranged a class on a weekday. The bad thing, I am going to be at this class from 0730-1845. Im a bit nervous about the shooting test, but I heard its not to hard.

I dont know that I will ever carry, but the opportunity to become licensed is to great to ignore.

Isaac

When I was in Israel in 1979, I was quite surprised when I saw people carrying guns everywhere I went.

These were not concealed weapons. They were wearing pistols in a holster, or rifles slung over their shoulders. Out in the open, for everyone to see.

Shopkeepers. Bus drivers. Restaurant waiters. Schoolteachers chaperoning children on a field trip. Everyone was packing heat.

I guess it was a culture-shock thing. I wasn't expecting this, but after a couple of days, it started to seem normal.

Only in America! :glare:

Nah, Kuwait. I was in civvies meeting an inbound field grade officer at the airport, in a government contracted rental car, parked in the parking lot when two Army MP's in civvies knocked on the window and asked for ID. When they asked if we had any weapons, I told them besides the two rifles in the vehicle they could plainly see, I had an M9 in an inside the waistband rig. They wrote me a ticket for having a concealed weapon without a permit from some command authority I'd never heard of. Thank goodness they didn't try to confiscate it, or I'd have gotten arrested for sure.

Since it was an official, genuine law-breaking incident, it got reported to my Marine Corps CG. I remember hearing the Colonel on the phone...."Yes, sir. My Master Sergeant got cited for being armed...Yes, sir, it's a helluva way to run a war..."

Back on topic...I did have to tell an older gent at a grocery store, "Pardon me, sir, but your shirt has ridden up over the grip of your pistol, and somebody might get upset...."

"What?"

"Er, your Glock is showing."

"Oh, thanks!"

It was kind of an odd conversation.

Back on topic...I did have to tell an older gent at a grocery store, "Pardon me, sir, but your shirt has ridden up over the grip of your pistol, and somebody might get upset...."

"What?"

"Er, your Glock is showing."

"Oh, thanks!"

It was kind of an odd conversation.

LOL that one made my week. I needed that thank you

Nah, Kuwait. I was in civvies meeting an inbound field grade officer at the airport, in a government contracted rental car, parked in the parking lot when two Army MP's in civvies knocked on the window and asked for ID. When they asked if we had any weapons, I told them besides the two rifles in the vehicle they could plainly see, I had an M9 in an inside the waistband rig. They wrote me a ticket for having a concealed weapon without a permit from some command authority I'd never heard of. Thank goodness they didn't try to confiscate it, or I'd have gotten arrested for sure.

Since it was an official, genuine law-breaking incident, it got reported to my Marine Corps CG. I remember hearing the Colonel on the phone...."Yes, sir. My Master Sergeant got cited for being armed...Yes, sir, it's a helluva way to run a war..."

That sounds like something out of the film "Dr. Strangelove".

When I was in Israel in 1979, I was quite surprised when I saw people carrying guns everywhere I went.

These were not concealed weapons. They were wearing pistols in a holster, or rifles slung over their shoulders. Out in the open, for everyone to see.

Shopkeepers. Bus drivers. Restaurant waiters. Schoolteachers chaperoning children on a field trip. Everyone was packing heat.

I guess it was a culture-shock thing. I wasn't expecting this, but after a couple of days, it started to seem normal.

I bet everyone was very polite to each other. :biggrin1:

Top Bottom