What's new

Combat the itching

Every time I try to grow a full goatee out (including the mustache and soul patch sections, not just the chin), I always am plagued by itching, especially in the mustache area. Do you guys who of anything that can stop, or at least greatly reduce, the itching sensation?

Try rubbing a drop or two of sweet almond oil into your whiskers. It will soften the hair and condition your skin. It's fragrance free and a little goes a long way. If you over-do it, you start looking really shiny. If that doesn't work or if you already have especially oily skin, I don't know what to say. Hair conditioner in the shower? Moisturizing lotion?

Thanks for the tip. I'd tried hair conditioner before, but only once the itching was already cranked up. I might have to start using it every day next time I make this attempt. (Probably over Winter Break from school, so everyone there doesn't have to look at my awkward-growing-out-phase.)

When should I be using the almond oil if I try that route? In the shower? After a shower? (I tend to shower in the evenings.) Right before bed? In the morning? After I shave the rest of my face?

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Put some whiskey in it. Right between the top and bottom sections. The itching doesn't go away, but you just don't care as much.

Thanks for the tips, everyone! I'm definitely trying another goatee this winter. Maybe this time will be the charm.

Top Bottom