💈SOTW💈
Saturday night relaxing face lather shave
Pre shave:-Hot water bath
Blades:-Kai Captain titan mild
Razor:-Colonial general SE razor
Brush:pearl synthetic
Cream:-Godrej Lime fresh
Post shave:-Kama pure vetiver water

Its my first time with a true single edge razor and shave went quite good.At first i had doubt then i contacted the Colonial brothers and they said its the regular angle.
Weight is lighter side sure but don't under estimate the smooth shaves this razor gives with light hand.

No nicks,no cuts it was good 2pass shave though i need to improve for the below chin area was slight stinging.
The kama vetiver water is just fabulous.I sprayed it directly and the tiny sting also vanished without any extra dryness/oily feel post shave.I would recommend this to all
Big Thanks for an esteemed shavers for sparing this razor and some other goodies from his shave den

Blades:-
In just first use its difficult to judge by any means but they are mild and smooth as per the glide feedback on the beard .As it is the only se blade used no comparison can be made maybe with a second use can confirm if its good for daily shaves.
Happy dussera wishes from india

Attachments

• 1603553238359.jpg
    1603553238359.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 33
Until you get familiar with the General SE, I found the Kai ProTouch blade to be good. Just my $.02 worth. Then you can gradually move up to the Kai Pink, Schick Proline and Feathers.

I also have a General and it's my favorite razor. It may just take you a few tries to find the angle and blade combination. But once you do you'll be pleased.
My first shave was with a Kai Captain titan mild and it did not go well. No cuts or nicks but not a comfortable shave either. Second shave I used a Schick Proline and got a wonderful, smooth shave. Feathers are also very smooth with this razor.
One thing I did since the head is light was to match it with a heavy handle, ATT Colossus, and it's made a huge difference for me.

Until you get familiar with the General SE, I found the Kai ProTouch blade to be good. Just my $.02 worth. Then you can gradually move up to the Kai Pink, Schick Proline and Feathers.
Would love to but ordering them is like ordering enriched u235.

These i got from the bst group

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
The General is my #2 AC blade SE razor, right behind the Blackland Vector.

Prefer a Titanium handle with the General, Timeless or TiBam.

Favored blades are the Schick Proline and Kai ProTouch MG.

I use a steep angle.

The General is an excellent razor that should provide you with a lifetime of excellent shaves! :thumbup:

Top Bottom