What's new

Cobra or Goose?

Rikki-Tikki-Tavi_cover.jpg

As I recall the mongoose won that fight.

G

Guest2023

Cobra Classic is No.1 AC razor for me , followed by Paradigm SE, Colonial Genral V2 and Alpha Claymore Evo.

Mongoose? Not for me. Alumigoose was an excellent shaver but Mongoose felt rough and harsh.

I never managed to get hold of a Cobra razor, but would still like to. I have a Mongoose but have never grown to love it despite many attempts. It is possible to get a nice shave from it, but it takes too much effort for my liking and the process just isn't enjoyable.

Never had the chance to try the Cobra, but the Mongoose is fun and efficient. I like the Asylum Rx V1 more, tho'.

I currently own the Mongoose, King Cobra Classic, and RR Hawk V1. Years ago when the Cobra Classic was passed around, I was able to use it for that time period. I found that while I enjoyed the shave and the look of the CC, its size deterred my purchase.

I opined in the thread that if it had a different handle (I know, changes the look) or a larger handle version of its original, I would be willing to buy it. I must not have been the only one who said this as lo & behold, some months after, the King Cobra Classic was born!

I jumped on the opportunity to purchase it as the supplies during that time were not consistent. I used the KCC this past Sunday with a Kai Pink and had a great 2 pass shave. With the Kai blade, it was as smooth and mild as the Mongoose.

The Mongoose was the original answer to the CC. When it first came out, there was an active Facebook group about it. With the Goose, you could switch out the handle and put one on that fit your shave much better. The original Goose led to the MinGoose and the Alumigoose.

The shaves from the Mongoose were mildly efficient regardless of blade-unless paired with a mild blade and then my shave would need another pass or heavy buffing. When the KCC is paired with a sharp blade, you need to pay attention or it will bite. Pairing the Goose with a sharp blade, I can shave on autopilot.

I'll post pictures later tonight after work.

marty

Had both sold the cobra classic which I regret now as my technique is better and I understand blade selection makes a difference lol

Top Bottom