What's new

Clut razor?

E-commerce website registered 9 September 2021. USD, English language, but they use a comma to separate "months" reference (1,5 months), website Merchant Genius out of Spokane, so Eastern mfg is my guess, but no other contact info, phone or address. 97% 5 star reviews, so could be the greatest thing since sliced bread, though no YouTubes at this juncture. Lifetime warranty claimed. Less than $50 for a stainless adjustable (all or parts), plus the inordinately large number of 5 star reviews (a number with no comments and none less than 4) says to me caveat emptor though, but that's just me.

Last edited:
I don't know why a "stainless steel Futur" would be wonderful. The Futur already is heavy enough, and a stainless steel version presumably would be heavier.

I like the Merkur Futur very much and recommend it. I only wish it were less aggressive, and the lower settings were lower in aggression. I have heavy, tough and coarse "old man" whiskers. It has 6 adjustments, and a setting of 1.5 or 2 is more than adequate. In fact, it's rather perfect for me. More is not more, especially if more is not needed.

A Clut razor? I wonder about a public relations firm that would recommend that name to a manufacturer. I also wonder about a 50% discount. I like to save money as much as anyone, but 50% off a new offering is a red flag to me.

Last edited:

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
I believe it is highly likely to be the renamed "ming shi 2000s" (a futur Chinese clone). Actually made of zamak.

Many Chinese webpages selling "ming shi 2000s" say stainless steel ambiguously, which is actually describing the material of the blade. Of course, I think suppliers seem to be deliberately misleading consumers.
Therefore, there may be some renamed vendors who have misunderstood the meaning of the original Chinese website. (Or deliberately)

Chinese is my mother tongue, so it’s easy to distinguish this rough sales method on the Chinese sales pages of "ming shi 2000s".
------

Thanks for the photos provided by many brave victims; from the surface texture and rough marks on the edges, I judge that this is not the expected effect of stainless steel processing. It's definitely zamak.
未命名-1.jpg

Last edited:
I suspect this is a zamac knock-off of the Futur, which can be purchased for under $20 on other sites. Certainly not worth the $49 asking price.

I don't know why a "stainless steel Futur" would be wonderful. The Futur already is heavy enough, and a stainless steel version presumably would be heavier.

I like the Merkur Futur very much and recommend it. I only wish it were less aggressive, and the lower settings were lower in aggression. I have heavy, tough and coarse "old man" whiskers. It has 6 adjustments, and a setting of 1.5 or 2 is more than adequate. In fact, it's rather perfect for me. More is not more, especially if more is not needed.

A Clut razor? I wonder about a public relations firm that would recommend that name to a manufacturer. I also wonder about a 50% discount. I like to save money as much as anyone, but 50% off a new offering is a red flag to me.
The clones (like this one probably is) are less agressive
Try a qshave adjustable or a modernized version the snmirn which is even less agressive
And why on earth paint a ss razor it is clearly zamak.

Attachments

• 12A1F3F1-4BBB-40A1-BA85-E2EBCB45274B.jpeg
    12A1F3F1-4BBB-40A1-BA85-E2EBCB45274B.jpeg
    514.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 0002AEC6-7974-4A2F-AB63-2A3C0EBAC245.jpeg
    0002AEC6-7974-4A2F-AB63-2A3C0EBAC245.jpeg
    20.1 KB · Views: 1
R

romsitsa

They forgot to change the picture in one customer review, so the razor they actually deliver will be most likely a QShave.
The advertisement they use (making you believe it's the deal of your life, but only for a limited time/in limited quantity) is a big no-no, at least here in Hungary.

The clones (like this one probably is) are less agressive
Try a qshave adjustable or a modernized version the snmirn which is even less agressive
And why on earth paint a ss razor it is clearly zamak.
Agreed, I prefer the clones to the name brand. And they can be had for a song.

Agreed, I prefer the clones to the name brand. And they can be had for a song.
Would not mind an allu, titanium, brass or stainless version but a decent qshave copy is around 10 euro on Ali and they are very good.
and those luxurious materials will cost way over the around 60 usd they charge for an original Merkur Futur which can be ordered in chrome or gold but not in Matt black or Matt blue.

In the legal's they have this get out of jail card.

SECTION 3 - ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS AND TIMELINESS OF INFORMATION
We are not responsible if information made available on this site is not accurate, complete or current. The material on this site is provided for general information only and should not be relied upon or used as the sole basis for making decisions without consulting primary, more accurate, more complete or more timely sources of information. Any reliance on the material on this site is at your own risk.
This site may contain certain historical information. Historical information, necessarily, is not current and is provided for your reference only. We reserve the right to modify the contents of this site at any time, but we have no obligation to update any information on our site. You agree that it is your responsibility to monitor changes to our site.

Top Bottom