What's new

Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum

Just a quick one to say how much I love Clubman's VIBR now... I've had it for about 6-months now and had never been a huge fan on account of it having too strong of a clove smell, and as such it went out of my rotation after a couple of uses.

But I thought I'd give it a go on a whim the other day and I've used it for the last 3 shaves, such is how much I've come to appreciate it now. What seemed to be the strong clove smell has calmed down and it has those lovely bay and rum notes all in harmony. It's a lot more subtle now.

I don't know if it's the warm weather, or if it's had a bit of time to sit and mellow... it really is as refreshing as an island breeze!

Anyone else experienced the same thing with VIBR?

I'd only had a sample size and found the clove too strong (I thought it made me smell like a Christmas Ham). Did you decant it into glass?

I'd only had a sample size and found the clove too strong (I thought it made me smell like a Christmas Ham). Did you decant it into glass?

HA! That's what I though I smelt like when I first used it... like a cross between mulled wine (which I hate) and hot cross buns.

No, I haven't decanted it into glass... it's still in the plastic bottle it came in. Funny you mention it though, the thread on the cap is a bit wonky, when you tighten it you can squeeze the bottle and you can hear the air come out, so perhaps it had a bit of time to oxidise or whatever the equivalent is?

I've had some renewed interest in my VIBR lately but I don't think the scent or performance of it has changed any. It's great for the day AFTER the shave imo. There are just better performing products out there, but I really like the scent in small amounts, with no burn.

Great classic splash. Decanted mine into a Coke Bottle. 001.JPG

Great update! (Must say that Clubman is still my personal favorite Pinaud, but the VIBR is good also.)

I ordered a 6 ounce plastic bottle and for me its not at all strong, it is nice smelling and mellow, lingers for a while and then only a slight hint of it remains. I created my own bay rum using essential oils and its a bit stronger, getting more potent by each month, think should dilute it.

I’ve not tried any other bay rum. Love the clubman. When I wear it my wife treats me like a Christmas ham :) long live VIBR!

I went through most of a bottle before pitching it. I like Bay Rum but thought it too pungent and overpowering. I replaced it with Ogallala which I like better.

Hey guys, I just wanted to thank you all for your comments and suggestions such as decanting into glass which I think I'll do once my Cholua hot sauce is finished.

I also appreciate all the other brnad suggestions - as a relative newbie to using AS it's really handy to get other's opinions

Top Bottom