What's new

Clubman Popularity

I was in Los Angeles for a few of months at the end of the year, so I decided to check out a couple of popular barber shops. At the first one, the barber gave me a bottle of Pinaud Whiskey Woods as I was leaving--told me he's crazy about it and is working with Pinaud to promote it. At the second one, the barber reached into his cabinet and brought out a bottle of Clubman Special Reserve. He confided in me that this was the world's best kept secret. These were both very hip shops (or so the kids tell me) and I was kind of taken aback. Pleasantly surprised. I don't know what dark magic the good folks at Pinaud are practicing, but I'm glad that the word is being spread.

Dame that would be good if my barber would do that to me ha ha. Would save me about 20 bucks for the year.
Clubman is a solid product. I have the bay rum and the original. Just a clean simple scent that is good sometime. I did make a mistake and bout the veg. It was a 7 busk mistake. Used it one time and read reviews saying the smell gets better?? It got so much better I really just threw the tub in the trash. It was not for me!! Should have been smarthe and got a sample. Live and learn!!

I only have 2 Clubman aftershaves in my den right now but I'm looking forward to trying more. My barber has Lilac Vegetal and Special Reserve. I think I'll pick up a bottle of Special Reserve next time I'm there for a haircut. I'm also a fan of Jeris Hair Tonic and Osage Rub. Great products!

Pinaud Clubman Original is one of the best known aftershaves available. It is the quintessential barbershop scent for many.

Lilac Vegetal is a polarizing scent that some love and some hate, with few in between. I have heard that if you decant "The Veg" into a glass bottle that some of the scent notes that some describe as cat urine or urinal puck aroma tend to go away. I have not tried the decanter trick, but may one day. LV used to come in glass bottles back in the day when it was more popular in barbershops.

I am temped to pick up a bottle of Whiskey Woods, but I seldom use scented aftershaves.

proxy.php

Pinaud Clubman Original is one of the best known aftershaves available. It is the quintessential barbershop scent for many.

Lilac Vegetal is a polarizing scent that some love and some hate, with few in between. I have heard that if you decant "The Veg" into a glass bottle that some of the scent notes that some describe as cat urine or urinal puck aroma tend to go away. I have not tried the decanter trick, but may one day. LV used to come in glass bottles back in the day when it was more popular in barbershops.

I am temped to pick up a bottle of Whiskey Woods, but I seldom use scented aftershaves.

This is true, but for myself it was a more subtle change. I have decanted my Veg into a vintage Boyer Lilac Vegetal bottle and have come to find it is a wonderful elixir that is used at a minimum twice a week.
73a0840cf5baecbc6f4081404c203afd.jpg

As for the whisky woods, I enjoy it, but rarely use it. Though I am quite beholden to my vintage scents. I'll have to throw it into the rotation this week!

Very cool barbers, my local shop uses Clubman and clubman talc.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
WW is great stuff, but I'm probably using Brandy Spice more.

Though classic Clubman Trump's all.

AA

Clubman does seem to be gaining popularity with a younger crowd. Check out their Facebook page for the most current information. Whoever runs it seems to know much more than the folks who run the website....

There isn’t a current Pinaud scent that I do not own. The new ones are great! I love them all. I use some a lot but others are a wonderful treat on occasion. You can go heavy to enjoy the scents for a few hours or lighter to pair with cologne.

The Veg still reigns supreme in my opinion. It goes with most any edt that is floral or musky. Original a close second and Whiskey Woods right up there too as far as use goes. Citrus musk, Gent’s gin and Lime sec go great with most summer edt’s. The others pair up nicely with a lot of my other edt’s.

SR is a treat on its own. I like it with Aramis edt as well.

Clubman has a solid product line, and it sounds like they're going back to their roots to promote themselves. Barbers! What better place to expose new people to the scents!

It is rather interesting what is happening with barber shops and Clubman. I picked up some original and like it, it reminds me of when I got my hair cut by a barber instead of a stylist. I googled barbers in the area and it does seem that it is way more hip than I thought. Years ago only guys with flattops went to barbers, not that there is anything wrong with that. Have you guys noticed how the newer styles are just a longer flattop?

I've said for years that most readily available after shave and cologne has a feminine scent. Clubman has a nice clean masculine scent which I like.

I enjoy many of their products, particularly the aftershaves. I would love to find some vintage though and see how that smells in comparison.

Top Bottom