What's new

Clothes Brush

I just picked one up, has a shoe horn at the end of it too. But, what is its purpose? Other than removing any surface lint and such. It seems these were more popular well, when DE's were popular, around that time frame.

I only find my clothes brush useful on thick fabrics, like coats and such. Doesn't hurt to use it on your suits now and then either. I mostly use the sticky roll tape stuff for visible surface lint.

I only just recently learned the joys of using a shoe horn. I'm hooked and will never jam my feet into my shoes ever again. :biggrin:

Use it to take off the dirt and dust from your suit after a day's wear. It will help pro long your suit by not letting the dust settle in and keep the dry cleaning down to a minimum.

G

gone down south

Do you have a dog? I go through those stickie roller things like crazy getting dog hair off my suits.

When we had our cat, man it was bad, he was sort of a yellowish-white colour and had an ultra thick coat, shedding like crazy especially in the summer. If I picked him up instantly I'd just be covered in fur. So yeah I probably went through one of those sticky roller things every 3 weeks or so.

I remember using one of those brushes when I didn't have the roller, but they just don't work very well at all I'm afraid.

A clothes brush, correctly used, will greatly extend the life of good clothes, to say nothing of making them look better between cleainings.

Chemical drycleaning is not only expensive, it is also very hard on wool suits, jackets, pants, and sweaters. Ideally, you ought to keep the trips to the drycleaner to an absolute minimum. And one way of doing this is by religiously brushing such items after every wearing. Use a good quality, natural bristle brush.

Brushing not only removes light surface soil, it also lifts and restores the nap of fine woolen fabrics.

I just picked up a Kent clothing brush mainly for traveling, but it's nice to have around the house as well. All I ever used before were the lint brushes (not the sticky kind). I liked the idea of livening up a jacket or pair of pants with a nice, stiff bristle and Kent makes a really nice brush.
Ben

I use my sticky roller every day on my suits. Wearing dark suits and having a white dog is not a good combination. Is there an advantage to the clothes brush over the sticky roller (other than the wasted disposable roller tape)?

Is there an advantage to the clothes brush over the sticky roller (other than the wasted disposable roller tape)?

A roller will fade the fabric over time since it does not raise the nap like a clothes brush does. I got a pure natural bristle brush made in Germany for about $20 at Nordstrom and I will not go back to the adhesive kind any time soon.

Top Bottom