What's new

Clog Pruf PIF from...Mom? (pics)

Thanks for the tip. I also viewed Mr. Guy's video, but my "no pressure" approach just let to MAJOR hang-ups. It'd hit a hair and stop on a dime. I'm going to have to pick up some other blades I think.

Definitely try one of the established brands of blades from Walgreens, Rite Aid or CVS, and yours is another example of why I believe striving for "no pressure" doesn't work. It takes some pressure to move the razor through the whiskers so I think light pressure is a more accurate goal.

I was able to buy some CVS branded American Safety Razor Company Blades today. I'll update after the shave.

Waterbury, CT is Dirtybury...I had several relatives living in the now non-existent Irish area..

I grew up in Stamford..

Mom always did like you best! :mad3:
What can I say?

Isn't the the Law of Primogeniture?

How'd you know I'm the oldest? :tongue_sm

So, as for the shave with the new CVS branded American Safety Razor Company blades...MUCH better.

The blade didn't stick on the first hair it hit. There was no pain associated with the shave and it was a DFS for the most part. The neck took some time to get adjusted to with that angled head. My neck was a little irritated afterward, but I attribute that to the lather more than anything else...too many air bubbles today.

Anyways, I'm going to post pictures of those god aweful Harris Teeter blades side-by-side with the CVS blades to show some of the difference.
proxy.php

Here's on of only the CVS blade
proxy.php

Here's one of the Harris Teeter blade
proxy.php

The CVS blade's honed edge is longer, but more importantly...SHARPER. The blade itself was a touch longer as well.

The HT blade felt like a utility blade. I don't recommend them at all. Please let me know if anyone else has had a pleasant shaving experience with them.

This was my first good shave with the Clog Pruf. I'll keep everyone updated with future shaves.

Clean shaves,
Dave

So, as for the shave with the new CVS branded American Safety Razor Company blades...MUCH better.

The blade didn't stick on the first hair it hit. There was no pain associated with the shave and it was a DFS for the most part. The neck took some time to get adjusted to with that angled head. My neck was a little irritated afterward, but I attribute that to the lather more than anything else...too many air bubbles today.

The CVS blade's honed edge is longer, but more importantly...SHARPER. The blade itself was a touch longer as well.

The HT blade felt like a utility blade. I don't recommend them at all. Please let me know if anyone else has had a pleasant shaving experience with them.

This was my first good shave with the Clog Pruf. I'll keep everyone updated with future shaves.

Clean shaves,
Dave

Good to hear that. I always get great shaves from my CP :thumbup1:

Akira, I won't quote the long post but I bought a store brand box of SE blades claiming from my local grocery that they claimed were meant for shaving and they were the worst blades I have ever used, those things skipped from the first stroke and I had to replace it with a Gem blade immediately! The Gem blade was much better and actually lasted for more than one shave!

I just got done with my first shave with my clog pruf that i got a flea market. not nearly as nice looking as yours but I got a DFS with one pass, the second was just habit! :D

Top Bottom