What's new

Cleaning out my pipe collection: 8 briar and 2 meerschaum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been thinking about thinning out my collection to make room for others. After confirming my selections I've decided to go ahead and list them. I'm b/s/t newbie so I hope this goes well.

All prices include shipping to the continental usa. I'm gonna do my best to accurately describe each pipe and reveal any flaws that I know of with them. To keep from having a million pics I'm going to post and overview shot of each pipe with the description and if anyone would like more detailed pics of a specific pipe I can send them. If anyone is dissatisfied with a pipe after recieving it I will take it back and refund. These are all used estate pipes. Most have some small flaws but most don't take away from the pipes smokability or the looks.

I have run an alcohol soaked pipe cleaner through each pipe but the buyer will need to sanatize the pipe to their satisfaction. There are so many differences of how people like to clean them I think it would be best for the buyer to do it their way. My preference may not be good enough for others. With that said, all the pipes were completely sanitatized, reamed, and de-ghosted when I came into possession of them so they won't be bad. All pipes also have had a coat of wax.

1. Falcon pipe $30

The pipe is clean and straight. It is an older vintage pipe. Bowl is in pretty good shape as is the mouth piece.

20170304_163640.jpg

2. Dr. Graybow viscount tri-shank adjustomatic $35

Wire carved. The pipe was supposedly restored when I purchased it. It has a couple tooth marks on the stem. Bowl is in good shape inside. There are two small flaws outside that I didn't notice till now.

20170304_164139.jpg

3. Dr grabow belvedere adjustomatic $25

Wire carved. The bowl is in good shape inside. Has some a light abrasion on the rim and a couple light tooth marks on the stem.

20170304_215536.jpg

4. Dr. Graybow Omega carved $30

This pipe didn't appear to have been smoked much when I bought it. I haven't smoked it much. Bowl is in great shape inside and out. There is a neat little leaf carving on the shank. The nickel band appears to have some coating chipping I believe these pipes are coated in shellac. Very very light abrasion on the stem.

20170304_173830.jpg

Last edited:
5. Dr. Graybow westbrook bulldog adjustomatic rustic $35

Wire carved rustication. Has a little darkening around the rim of the bowl and a couple tooth marks on the stem. It smokes nicely. Of all the pipes being listed the bulldogs are the two I used most.

20170304_174017.jpg

6. Dr. Graybow westbrook bulldog smooth adjustomatic $25

Pipe has some nice grain and birdseye. Bowl is in good shape inside. It has some light tooth marks, a small chip in the briar above the line around the bowl, and a little darkening around the rim. It smokes nicely.

20170304_222802.jpg

7. Savinelli roma 606ks rustic $35

There is some abrasions and darkening on the rim. Also some tooth marks on the stem. Bowl is in good shape inside and it smokes nicely.

20170304_174103.jpg

8. Vauen dr perl 6348 rustic $35

Military mount, nice grain in the rustication, p-lip stem, silver band. The bowl walls are on the thinner side. It appears to be made this way. There are some cracks on the inside of the bowl towards the bottom. Not sure if this is cracking in the cake or some light burn through from a previous owner. It hasn't effected how it smoked so far. I had to smoke slow with the thinner walls anyhow.

20170304_224930.jpg

Now for the meers. Only two of them.

9. Weber rustic meerschaum $45

This pipe is not stamped with a name but after some help from a brown leafer and a google search I believe it to be a weber pipe. Military mount, rustic, rim is pre colored. My guess is it is african meerschaum. It is stamped "block meerschaum" on the shank. The pipe and stem are in good shape and smokes nicely. The sunlight makes the pipe appear very yellow. It is more of a cream color.

20170304_165016.jpg

10. Vienna meerschaum bulldog $50

This pipe has a fitted case. The case is kinda rough on the outside with some of the fake pattern material peeling but it snaps closed and the hinges are functioning. The pipe is nice inside and out. Not sure what type of meerschaum it is made with. I only smoked it once but it smoked good. It has a metal screw type tennon. Not sure of the stem material. My guess is acrylic or bakelite. The stem just slightly overturns. There is a little darkening on the rim.

20170304_164812.jpg

If anyone has any questions or needs more pics I will do my best to answer and get the pics if needed.

Thanks a bunch!
Mark

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom