What's new

Chubby vs. Stubby vs. Rooney Style 1

So chaps, which do you prefer and why?

Which one would win in a fight?

Let's hear it, and some photos of all three together (of same size) would be great! :)

John

Last edited:
I have a Chubby. While I love the brush-it's wonderfully dense, I am not as enamored of the handle. It's a bit small and hard to grasp/maneuver, IMHO.

These are 3 very different brushes, these days.

IMO the Simpson Chubby (unless you get a 2-band) will be the loosest and longest-lofted of the 3.

The Rooney Style 1 Small will be firmer, and a mite smaller. The Rooney Style 1 Medium will be about the same size as the Chubby 1, but firmer.

The Rooney Stubby 1 is the firmest of the 3. Very, very firm. Get the stubby 2 if you like the size of the Chubby 1.

Cheers.

J

The Rooney Style 1 Medium will be about the same size as the Chubby 1, but firmer.

The Rooney Stubby 1 is the firmest of the 3. Very, very firm. Get the stubby 2 if you like the size of the Chubby 1.

Cheers.

J

These comments really surprised me. I had a Chubby 1 Super and it was tiny: 45mm loft and tiny handle, very, very dense and firm. I have a Stubby 2, and it's a much bigger brush (as I imagine the 1/2 would be), but obviously not as big as a Chubby 2.

John

I have a Rooney 1/1 in pure. The thing is absolutely awesome for face lathering and whipping up lather in the bowl. A bit stiff though for working on my face, I prefer a bush with more loft and softer hair (I have a TGN finest, 55 mm loft that I mostly use).

Top Bottom