What's new

Chops' Journal

Took a week off and the family and I went to the beach for a much needed vacation. I took all of my regular shaving items since space wasn't an issue. Had 3 good shaves while down there. Last night I had about 3 days worth of growth and decided to try the #6 plate on my Rockwell 6S. I put a new Wilkinson Sword blade in there and got to work. I could definitely tell a difference between the #5 and the #6 plates. It felt good and I only had one small nick. This plate might be too aggressive for 1 or two day shaves, but we'll see!

Boy, my Rockwell 6S had me spoiled. I thought I would try a shower shave with my Black Hawk SE razor. My face was screaming, LOL! It wasn't that bad but I could definitely tell a difference. Maybe as the new AC Feather blade breaks in it will be a little better.

I tried a cartridge razor this morning. I was pressed for time and I figured it was a "good" option. I used the new razor from DSC. I think it has like 100 blades :rolleyes: (ok maybe 6). It was not a pleasant experience and I was instantly reminded of why I left DSC. It was pulling and grabbing, just not a good time at all. The end result wasn't terrible but I will definitely reserve these shaves for emergencies only....

Attachments

• dscrzr.PNG
    dscrzr.PNG
    132.6 KB · Views: 0
It has been a while! I've been trucking along with my Rockwell 6S and Wilkinson Sword combo. A lot of shower shaves as well. Last night I had about 4 days growth so I decided to do an regular after-shower shave. I also decided to try a Feather in the Rockwell with plate #5. What a great shave! I am thinking about making a spreadsheet to keep track of the different combos. Yeah, I like spreadsheets. You could say I Excel at them!
:jump:

Top Bottom