What's new

Chinese Style Chicken Soup

Hey gang, just put this into the slow cooker for dinner. A clear-ish Chicken soup that we eat here when we're tired. Works well with rice and maybe a stir fried veggie dish. Serve up the cooked chicken with some dark+light soy with minced red chillies or raw garlic. To the recipe then:

(Apologies, I don't really use exact measurements)

6-7 pieces of chicken
5 dried red Chinese dates
12-15 'Kei Chee' or Wolfberries
Ginger
Dried ****ake Mushroom

Wash dates and wolfberries with some warm water to get rid of any debris. Reconstitute Mushrooms with warm water (I then put it in the fridge overnight to really get it to expand). Slice Mushrooms, Slice ginger. Put everything into a porcelain container and double boil in a slow cooker on High for about 3-4 hours (If yer in a hurry) or on Slow overnight (or in the morning before going to work.) Warning: the overnight method WILL fill your kitchen with such a delicious aroma, you'll drink everything there and then :p

Have fun making it and eating it :)

for that added boost, remove the ginger, mushrooms, dates and substitute with american ginseng. Works best with deskinned chicken (bone-in).

Yep, we have that version in our house too jakko. Simply delicious tho i have no idea if the Ginseng we use is the American type.

洋参 is american ginseng while 人参 is the chinese/korean ginseng. Anyway, I see that you are a fellow SEAsian too:lol:

Top Bottom