What's new

Chinese 12K Question

U

Utopian

Do you really believe that you can overhone on a Chinese hone? That is, can you raise a burr with it?

This might seem like a dumb question, but you did lap the stone first, right? C12k is pretty rough out of the box.

Personally I like the C12k for what it is and what it costs but I use CrO on balsa to finish afterwards and it takes the edge to the next level.

It's not a dumb question. I actually think that might be the problem. I did lap it, but I probably didn't lap it enough. After I finished lapping it, the stone wasn't uniformly smooth. I didn't occur to me then that it needs to be like that. The next time I use it I will make sure it's lapped thoroughly.

It's not a dumb question. I actually think that might be the problem. I did lap it, but I probably didn't lap it enough. After I finished lapping it, the stone wasn't uniformly smooth. I didn't occur to me then that it needs to be like that. The next time I use it I will make sure it's lapped thoroughly.
Go directly to Jail. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200.00

Legion

Staff member

Cool. Hopefully that is all the problem was. Good luck.

Top Bottom