What's new

Chin Techniques?

+1 Something to try for tomorrow's shave

Well, I've given this a shot the last two mornings and for me, it helped quite a bit. Before, my skin would always get caught, but I haven't had any problems thus far with the heel of the blade. Keep in mind however I'm still relatively new to straights (2 months) and these passes were WTG. I haven't had a successful ATG shave on the chin yet with my straights.

BJC

Put your fingers into the chin area and stretch. Go from one side to the other in an across the grain closeness pass after a light with the grain pass. Use the base of the razor.

Ah, this is a problem I'm having. Presumably using the heel makes it less prone to snagging up, less leverage?

Grin at yourself in the mirror. The facial muscles will pull the skin taut. Then go WTG, XTG or ATG: whatever you do elsehwere on your face.

I have a really prominent chin, and had major problems there also. For me, specifically, it wasn't the front of the chin but the small patch at the bottom of the cleft.

I can't remember where I read it, but I go N/S (wtg) on the first pass. The next pass, I buff out the bottom lightly atg, then two passes xtg (one W/E, one E/W) on the front of the chin. It does a pretty good job. Still not as smooth as the rest of my face. But I haven't found anything better yet.

I'll be watching this thread closely... :001_smile

Top Bottom