What's new

Cheaper alternative to Feather Artist Club?

I've been really curious about these shavettes on steroids, but the high price point is a bit of a put off. I feel though I have seen a cheaper knock off somewhere that still used the same blades. Does anyone know of alternative? I don't want one that use DE sized blades, or the longer Dovo one, but the Feather Pro/Kai blades only.

Thanks!

If you're looking for a non folding (Japanese) style clone, there is one called CJB. There was a group buy a while back and I believe the price tag comes in at about $40.

I know of two razors that use the same blade as the Feather Artist Club. Neither is an adequate replacement though.

1) The Mr. C Razor. It's sold at various barber supplies, and has a decent amount of weight behind it.

2) A 3 in 1 Razor that is sold on Ebay. It's very lightweight, and very cheaply constructed.

CJB is your best bet (there have been some for sale last week on the forums). Or look out for a used Feather or KAI captain (one on sale now in BST).

Kai Captain is much cheaper and shaves better than SS for me. Almost as good as the DX.
$99 and free shipping right now on amazon

Last edited:
As others have mentioned I think you will find cheapest to more expensive:
  • CJB
  • Kamisori branded, like the ones in the AliExpress links
  • Feather SS
  • Kai Captain (I am less certain of the relative price)
  • Feather DX
The CJB does not have a great finish but works as well as the Feather. So it could be a good introduction to using the AC blades and resold at a lesser dollar loss if you decide to stay with the system and upgrade later. Or maybe you will want to start with a better finished item.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I bought my Feather SS on Amazon for $69 a while back. Its the goofy lime green one, but I dont care what color it is. If you watch, you can find deals.

There is a Chinese blade called Antelope a77 in aliexpress. It is very good alternative to the ac system. Check the shavette thread in the brotherhood section.

The CJB is probably your best bet. Ive got the CJB, Feather SS and Kai Captain and the CJB isnt to the level of quality of the Feather/Kai but it gets the job done and for $25, you cant go wrong.
If it were be, Id buy a Feather SS on Amazon for $59. Even if you dont like it, you could resell it on Ebay and get most of your money back.

Mike H

Instagram Famous
The CJB has a rubber handle. If you remove the handle (cut it off) there is already a pivot hole. Just slap on some scales and you have a folding razor.

001-jpg.329795

I got a non-folding Feather Artist in (silly) lime green with 20 professional blades for $65 on eBay a few weeks ago

Ease up guys, I got the SS in black then went & bought the lime green version as well..I think it looks cool lol:clap:

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Ease up guys, I got the SS in black then went & bought the lime green version as well..I think it looks cool lol:clap:

I like my lime green SS as well. Its different than having all black scales on everything. But that doesnt change the fact that its a goofy color for a razor! :001_cool:

Reactions: abj
I like my lime green SS as well. Its different than having all black scales on everything. But that doesnt change the fact that its a goofy color for a razor! :001_cool:

Woah, woah, woah!

I like to refer to it as “fresh” as far as its colour scheme goes. [emoji3]

I also have the lime handle.

Top Bottom