What's new

Cella tub vs brick

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
A kilo brick might last you two or three years of exclusive use as a daily shaver. If you are the sort of person that keeps a lot of soaps in rotation, you might never finish a kilo before it goes off.
I know this all too well. :001_07:

I always have the small tub, and even that usually takes me 3-4 years to finish as it only gets used once every couple of weeks. How often do you use your Cella, in ballpark terms? How long do estimate your brick will last if you stay the current pace?
Triple off the wall. 3 to 4 days a week. Opened 6/20 and over 3/4 done, probably done by New Years. Last brick lasted 15 months. I use to shave face, head with boar brushes daily. I now use Stirling on headshaving days.. The brick is a commitment.

Bought a Brick last October and so far have used it 130 times. I cut mine into 10 (3+ oz) pieces and stuck it in the rear of our fridge in zip lock bags. I just tamp a chunk down into an old Stirling tub and away it goes. I tend to lather heavy and get 60 shaves or so out of 3 ounces. Should go for 600 shaves. I really like the product and agree I would probably prefer the brick over the tub.
Although I have lots of other soaps this has become my "go-to" choice.

linty1

My wallet cries.
1 kilo brick! Probably just go to the dollar store get one of those butter containers with the lid and use it like that.. or maybe on one of those non slip soap pads that kinda look like brill pads and just load from the table and face lather.... my goodness....

Top Bottom