What's new

Cell phone shots

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Snapped this today while picking up tickets for tomorrow’s day game against… yep… your Tigers. As a young man, Al Kaline was a hero and my favorite Tiger ever.
Same here. "Mr Tiger" he was. One of the smoothest swings ever.

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
IMG_20210907_040451327.jpg

And edited for good measure.

IMG_20210907_040451327~2.jpg

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
I edited this waaaay more than I wanted to, but nature was working against me. Dawn was coming, the moon was high in the sky, and there was light cloud cover. Anyway, that faint diagonal streak going from mid-left to lower center is the space station.

IMG_20211024_071752623~2.jpg

The moon and the clouds put up a good defense, but I think it still turned out ok.

Original:
View attachment 1347092

With a couple of filters to bring the stars out:
View attachment 1347093

Nice capture. M42 is in this photo. Directly below the 'Three Kings' (Orion's Belt) is the Sword, the fuzzy blob nested in there is M42; Orion's Nebula and the Running Man Nebula.

Image of M42 taken last year, star chart annotations for reference and tech details:

View attachment M42RGB_2_Annotated.jpg

Most of my image files are too large to post here, please excuse the lack of detail when viewing at magnification. My average image on JPEG are 25KB and this is as much reduction I can do without losing detail... My xisf files are 360,000KB and half that when converting to tiff.

Link to larger file of same image:

Last edited:

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
I just got my new iPhone 13 pro and wanted to checkout it's ability to close focus. I found the last rose still in bloom in my yard and took this shot in late afternoon sun along with some gusty wind. It held the focus really well 'cause the flower was doing a pretty good job blowing in the wind.

IMG_0001.jpeg

Top Bottom