What's new

CdG Avignon

I have been looking for this scent for a while and I saw last week archerfire had it on his list. I recieved the decant today, I tried it on tonight and it is amazing!! It obviously smells like incense but its just amazingly clean and clear. You really do get transported right into a church when you smell it. It also smells to me of old wooden cabins where I grew up in Norway...or perhaps saunas. It doesn't project a whole lot but it does last a long time.

Anyway I must get a bottle. I see it listed on luckyscent but not really anyplace else. Can anyone point me someplace that might carry it at a better price?

I'm in trouble now...I'll have to get timbuktu and jubilation and cardinal and....oh man

...and Full Incense. I agree with you that CdG's Avignon is a great incense frag. Alas I doubt you're going to find it for better than $80.
If it makes you feel any better though, the going price for it here in Oz is $140.

There's a (to me completely unknown) company online, End Clothing, that shows the CDG Incence Series frags for $65 but they're sold out of Avignon. Not sure I'd go with an unknown company to save $15 anyway but it's your money.

If the cost is a big deal, look at Sonoma Scent Studio's Incense Pure. Side by side I like Avignon better, but separately I thought they were very similar and I do like both. The great thing about SSS is you can buy Incense Pure in a 5ml spray or a 17ml spray.

Avignon is my very favorite incense type fragrance out of those I've tried. I like Heeley Cardinal quite a bit, as well.

You're talking about one of my favorites frags! I love Avignon, too, I think it's the best of the CdG Incense series and I'm not knocking any of the others.

However, to chime in with the others, I also love SSS Incense Pure, Montale Full Incense, AND Profumum Olibanum. Avignon used to be incense grail but all of these have something a bit extra in it, a lemony/citrus resinous note that makes them smell more authentic. However, none of them are as cold and clean as Avignon. Superb fragrance! I love and have and frequently wear all four of them.

Am interested in the incenses as is my wife. But "cold and clean" I am not as interested in as what would be "warm and clean". Something with the hint of sweetness. Any suggestions there?

Am interested in the incenses as is my wife. But "cold and clean" I am not as interested in as what would be "warm and clean". Something with the hint of sweetness. Any suggestions there?

Perhaps L'Occitane Eau des Baux...very warm vanilla though the incense is pretty weak in it

Out of curiosity, how does Avignon (or any of the other ones mentioned above) compare to SMN Pot Pourri?

I don't get much in common. SMN Pot Pourri is camphorous/medicinal, herbaceous and floral. Avignon is a cold and austere read on incense -very much the smell of mass in a Catholic Church.

I don't get much in common. SMN Pot Pourri is camphorous/medicinal, herbaceous and floral. Avignon is a cold and austere read on incense -very much the smell of mass in a Catholic Church.

Unfortunately, this Jewish guy isn't so knowledgeable about what mass smells like. :001_unsur I know Pot Pourri is sometimes described as an incense scent and it's the only one I own (right now at least) so I figured it was worth the shot. I will say you guys do have me intrigued!

My only experience with incense has been with CdG 2, CdG 2 MAN, Le Labo Vetyver 46, and Amouage Jubilation XXV and Dia Man. I like incense but even when wearing something like CdG 2 MAN (probably the strongest incense of the five), I'm a bit self-conscious in public about the stregth of the note. How does Avignon (and the other incense-based frags mentioned here) compare to CdG 2 MAN in terms od the stregnth of its incense note?

Top Bottom