What's new

Castle Forbes 1445 Shaving Cream

As stated on the label. My question is this: should I pre-moistened the cream prior to loading onto the brush. Or if someone could provide the appropriate URL. My previous with shaving soaps is with Tabac and TOBS Sandalwood soft milled soap.

Last edited:
Well I jumped the gun a proceeded with shaving without any reply to my inquiry. With a tsp of water on the surface of the soap and allowing it to set for five minutes or so, lathering was very easy. It could have provided more lubrication or, OR I should have reloaded the brush a second time. The overall shave felt very good nonetheless.

CF is a croap and as such you don’t need to “bloom” it. Just wet the brush and start loading. If you think you need more soap on the brush just wet the tips and back to the soap until you have enough. After that you can go directly to face lathering and add water to the tips of the brush as needed or start lathering in a bowl and dip the tips in water until desired consistency…

...... After that you can go directly to face lathering and add water to the tips of the brush as needed or start lathering in a bowl and dip the tips in water until desired consistency.
I've never tried lathering to the face directly from the source bowl.

Last edited:
Might be worth a try. I used to bowl lather when I first started and I sometimes still do if I use a new soap, but mostly I face lather directly after loading. Works for me… No fuss..

That’s a good way to do it @Tomo . I generally leave my brushes in the dry side and don’t really have issue with changing the consistency of the croap. You can always load it upside down as well to reduce water trickling down onto the soap…

If you bloom this cream, it will soon vanish! Iif you want to load directly from the tub, use a barely damp brush, but add water after loading, either face or bowl lathering. Fine product indeed.

Top Bottom