What's new

Captain's Choice package survives - just!

I thought you all may enjoy these pictures sent by a loyal customer upon receipt of his most recent bottle. We use boxes rated to withstand 150 pounds of weight and by the looks of it the postal service applied 149 pounds. :glare:

All bottles are bubble wrapped with multiple layers and each opening is sealed with strapping tape. This may just have saved the day. I confess to laughing out loud at the chutzpah of the post office to stamp it, "Received Damaged." As if it were brought to them in that condition.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
Isn't it normal for you to throw the packages out the window at the Post Office as you fly down the road at 65 MPH? I assume that's why it looked like that when they got it. :lol:

It's amazing what processing does to boxes. As someone who works for the post office, "received damaged" is basically saying that one of the offices along the way received it damaged, usually.
Its amazing how mail is handled.
When shipping something, make sure you pack it in such a way that you would be willing to throw it across the room. If not, it isn't ready to ship (or you better pay a boatload in shipping!)

Great work on the packing, Cap!

I didn't think this was actually real til now...:laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
That's no thing.... You should have seen the rest of the packages in there

He fellas there's shaving stuff in here!!! QUICK... help me get it to the ambulance!!!!

proxy.php

It's amazing what processing does to boxes. As someone who works for the post office, "received damaged" is basically saying that one of the offices along the way received it damaged, usually.
Its amazing how mail is handled.
When shipping something, make sure you pack it in such a way that you would be willing to throw it across the room. If not, it isn't ready to ship (or you better pay a boatload in shipping!)

Very true. We once had a mail carrier that would drive up my driveway, hang out the side of his little truck, and toss my packages against my garage door from about 15' away. My wife collects vintage glass, so the majority of these packages were marked "fragile", but that didn't seem to faze him one bit.

Once got a letter back in the mail (something time sensitive that I sent concerning jury duty). It was marked damaged and sent back for lack of postage (weeks after I sent it). The damage was a hole right where the stamp had been. They accidentally ripped off my postage and sent the mail back to me for the lack of it. Was able to mail the whole think back to the courts so I could show I had not deliberately not sent their mailer back in time.

Very true. We once had a mail carrier that would drive up my driveway, hang out the side of his little truck, and toss my packages against my garage door from about 15' away. My wife collects vintage glass, so the majority of these packages were marked "fragile", but that didn't seem to faze him one bit.

that reminds me of the mailman in funny farm - yet another hilarious chevy chase movie. and a christmas-time favorite at my house.

Know how you prove that it wasn't sent damaged? Look at that sticker. I am sure that the employee would take the time to perfectly put that sticker in the dip of a box after getting off his side job of being a mechanic (as the sticker itself is dirty).

Yes! Recently, my postman made sure to deliver a package to me face-to-face that seemed to have gone missing for a few days - nice touch by the guy. But when he was explaining why the package got lost, he told me that it was in the wrong mail-carrier's truck, because when they are "tossing packages across the room" into the various organization bins, the bins sometimes get full and small packages bounce off onto the floor or into the wrong bin. He literally said they shot them across the store room like shooting a basketball, and the reason the package was delayed was because "even Kobe misses sometimes." :facep:

Know how you prove that it wasn't sent damaged? Look at that sticker. I am sure that the employee would take the time to perfectly put that sticker in the dip of a box after getting off his side job of being a mechanic (as the sticker itself is dirty).

it's not that the label is dirty, it's that the smudge on the label _and the postage_ was clearly made at the same time. And you can only get that style of postage at the post office when you drop the package off.

Once got a letter back in the mail (something time sensitive that I sent concerning jury duty). It was marked damaged and sent back for lack of postage (weeks after I sent it). The damage was a hole right where the stamp had been. They accidentally ripped off my postage and sent the mail back to me for the lack of it. Was able to mail the whole think back to the courts so I could show I had not deliberately not sent their mailer back in time.

Twice this year I've had my mail "Return to Sender" by the USPS. It was addressed to my PO Box! And one of them was my vehicle registration - grrrr

Yes! Recently, my postman made sure to deliver a package to me face-to-face that seemed to have gone missing for a few days - nice touch by the guy. But when he was explaining why the package got lost, he told me that it was in the wrong mail-carrier's truck, because when they are "tossing packages across the room" into the various organization bins, the bins sometimes get full and small packages bounce off onto the floor or into the wrong bin. He literally said they shot them across the store room like shooting a basketball, and the reason the package was delayed was because "even Kobe misses sometimes." :facep:

Yup. This. Happens more than you can even imagine! Daily, anyone?

Top Bottom