What's new

Captain's Choice - our NEW LOOK!

I thought it might be fun to take a trip down memory lane first and see just how far we have come. Here is a lineup of our bottles in chronological sequence over the past two years from left to right.

proxy.php

We started with the flask and cork stopper. It was short-lived because no matter how tightly it was pressed home the product nearly always leaked. The original did not have the wax seal as you see here, it had a paper label. A paper label that was not waterproof and transferred ink to your hand and smeared. Oh, and the small detail that any liquid must have a screw top lid as per USPS regs. Note to self to check regs FIRST next time. Ahem.

Our also short-lived steak sauce bottle look. We went with it because it came with a reducer. Alas, it just didn't evoke "aftershave" with that shape. It was also a very expensive bottle to procure.

Next was our four ounce apothecary bottle with two part label, front and back. In the pic the product looks darker due to the rear label reflection. It came with a black metal lid that proved uncomfortable to use. The two-part label also took longer to apply and cost more since it was two pieces instead of one.

Finally we have our most recent iteration. A one-piece wrap around label with ergonomic plastic lid. This has been our bottle of choice now for the past year and we have been very pleased with it. Last year we added a convenient reducer in the neck of the bottle and customers have loved that addition.

So that is the past, what does the future look like you say? Stay tuned and we shall share our new look in a day or so right here. What you see here in this picture is an evolution over time. Our new look no longer has the clear bottle, it is amber. That combined with the new label gives it a very different vibe as you will soon see...

Last edited:
Vast improvement. I've borrowed one of the second to last versions from a mate to try. I HATE wasting the rare (in Australia) juice as I pour without a reducer.

Looking forward to what comes next

I can see it now on eBay. "Up for auction. Vintage Captain's Choice bay rum aftershave. This is the rare first edition flask style bottle that all collectors must have. Starting bid is $29.99. Shipping and packaging $24.95 anywhere in the U.S.

Just having a bit of fun. It's pretty cool the Captain has become a "known" product on various forums. Well done.

Cheers, Todd

Well Guys, it took three months working with more than one designer but we got 'er done. We upgraded to an amber bottle for the classic apothecary look. Then we hired a professional photographer to do his magic so that the essence of Captain's Choice can best be captured. Here is a strip tease of sorts. Stay tuned for the full picture next!

proxy.php

Last edited:
Well Guys, it took three months working with more than one designer but we got 'er done. We upgraded to an amber bottle for the classic apothecary look. Then we took to to a professional photographer so the essence of Captain's Choice can best be captured. Here is a strip tease of sorts. Stay tuned for the full picture next!

proxy.php

Hi Captain: I have never tried your product but I do know that you are a true gentleman. In celebration of the new look... I will definitely purchase a bottle this coming summer.:thumbup:

WARHAWK

Great new look! It is fantastic to see your company evolving and growing, congratulations! I can't wait to get the new bottle with the new lime scent! Keep up the good work!

Top Bottom