What's new

Can this Alum Block be the same as Razorock?

I was searching for the ingredients in the Razorock Alum Block, as I wanted to see if it was potassium aluminum sulfate as opposed to ammonium aluminum sulfate. The latter was said at one time to possibly be a cause of Alzheimer's.
I'm not sure if that's still the belief, but this is about the cost of the alum block itself.

Alibaba, the site where many US discount retailers buy in bulk has this advertised:

hxxp://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/60g-120g-razorock-alum_841567282.html

The ad states that it's OEM Razorock alum and goes for as little as 10¢ (US $'s) per unit in bulk. Is it possible that all they do is buy this and paste the Razorock label on it? If so, that's quite a markup.

For those that have the travel stick, is it the same as shown in the picture? It's coming from China. Does the Razorock box state that it's made in China?

Update: B&B click through prevents above link from seeing exact product. As explained in my next post below, for some reason there's a clickthrough added on this forum that takes you to a summary url rather than the product url. The exact link is this:hxxp://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/60g-120g-razorock-alum_841567282.html. Copy and paste it into a browser and change the hxxp to http. It's also the 4th item down on this page: hxxp://www.alibaba.com/showroom/razorock-alum.html

From the description and the product, it appears to look just like Razorock's alum. If we ever got together here, we could buy a huge lot and put our own label on it. This is what it looks like:

(click to enlarge)

or direct link to image:

http://img185.imagevenue.com/img.php..._122_133lo.jpg

Last edited:
Your url doesn't show us the stick and there is 100 postings for alum block. I have had two of the travel sticks and they both had the same problem of getting gritty and unpleasant feeling on my face now i use a natural alum crystal that i paid 3 dollars for at an indian grocery store over a year ago

My understanding is Potassium Alum should be used on your face and Ammonium Alum as a deodorant.

To answer your question about cost, there are certainly cheaper sources of Potassium Alum than Razorrock but quality and purity of the alum may vary, much in the same way there is varying quality of Chocolate.

Your url doesn't show us the stick and there is 100 postings for alum block. I have had two of the travel sticks and they both had the same problem of getting gritty and unpleasant feeling on my face now i use a natural alum crystal that i paid 3 dollars for at an indian grocery store over a year ago

Please look again using the link I've provided and the photo thumbnail link I've posted. For some reason there's a clickthrough added on this forum that takes you to a summary url rather than the product url. The exact link is this: hxxp://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/60g-120g-razorock-alum_841567282.html. Copy and paste it into a browser and change the hxxp to http.
It's also the 4th item down on this page: hxxp://www.alibaba.com/showroom/razorock-alum.html

From the description and the product, it appears to look just like Razorock's alum. If we ever got together here, we could buy a huge lot and put our own label on it. This is what it looks like:

(click to enlarge)

or direct link to image:

http://img185.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=95404_alum_alibaba_122_133lo.jpg

Last edited:
On another thread, i was looking up alum from chemical suppliers. The potassium version goes for about usd32/metric tonne. It could possibly be cheaper than NaCl.

The reagent grade stuff is probably in powdered format, so I imagine the majority of cost is getting it in that nice bar-soap format, or perhaps the packaging itself.

On another thread, i was looking up alum from chemical suppliers. The potassium version goes for about usd32/metric tonne. It could possibly be cheaper than NaCl.

The reagent grade stuff is probably in powdered format, so I imagine the majority of cost is getting it in that nice bar-soap format, or perhaps the packaging itself.

At the top of the ad, it's listed as Razorock Alum with a generic name of Nature Rock in the photo. If you look at the bottom of the ad in the attached image above, it states "OEM service offered. Design service offered. Buyer label offered."

That would indicate to me that Razorock has this company manufacturing the product and possibly the box with the label. Is it possible that all of us can get together and put in an order for several thousand units so we can pay 10¢ a piece? That's some markup from 10¢ to $5.99 at retail!

It's probably the same stuff. You can buy it as the Thai Deodorant Crystal as well.

I don't believe that either Ammonium Alum or Potassium Alum has any negative side effects the way that the Aluminum Chloride in antiperspirant is alleged to have.

Top Bottom