What's new

Can anyone review their TWSBI GO?

I’ve enjoyed mine a lot, and it writes really well, BUT, mine seems to drop blobs of ink at fairly regular intervals. I wanted to use mine to grade students work, but had to stop due to blobs of red ink getting on their work. No idea if mine is an isolated case.

I’ve enjoyed mine a lot, and it writes really well, BUT, mine seems to drop blobs of ink at fairly regular intervals. I wanted to use mine to grade students work, but had to stop due to blobs of red ink getting on their work. No idea if mine is an isolated case.
TWSBI has a forever warranty, maybe tell them, see if they will replace it. should be free.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Why name a pen after an already famous one, the Pelikan GO!?? My M75 Pelikan is a gorgeous knock-around 1990's piston filler (made for schoolkids) which I picked up for under $10 in a new condition.

I'm certainly not a fan of TWSBI (where's @brianw) so I can't comment except that with SO MANY cracked TWSBI pens it is good to hear they have a "forever" warranty. :001_rolle Hope they're around in twenty years time.

Leaking blobs of ink is no bueno, I hope @burry1 gets some easy resolution on that issue from Speedy.

@Frederic you are right, I should contact twsbi. I had a twsbi eco that cracked asking the section, by the nib (not good) and found twsbi's customer service to be outstanding. They sent be a new barrel immediately, no quibble.

I have also had a cracked nib section in a Twsbi, but I am putting the blame on user error.

I have two Ecos, one is perfect and is just as it left the factory. The other has been apart to try and clean up the staining left by a Diamine ink, I took the nib and feed out, cleaned up the pen and put it back. Next day I saw that the section was cracked.

I think I caused the cracking because there is a recess in the feed where the nib must sit, I am guessing that I pressed the nib and feed too far home and caused the cracking. Twsbi replaced the barrel if I paid the $5 mailing cost.

My advice is to leave the nib alone on a Twsbi but I would be interested to hear of anyone who has a cracked section and has never removed the nib.

Don't want to start a TWSBI debate but want to relay my experience. I had heard about the cracking issue and it seems to be a thing of the past. I've had my TWSBI ECO for a year and a half and never had an issue. Can't help with the GO review, but I am a TWSBI fan. As @Vacumatic said I think a lot of the cracked sections are user error.

Some of my pens experience burping because of the temperature differences that we have here in AZ when going from outside a building to in the building. This could be caused from the high heat from outside and in my car and then walking into my office which is air conditioned will cause ink to oversaturate the feed and cause the pen to burp

Don't want to start a TWSBI debate but want to relay my experience. I had heard about the cracking issue and it seems to be a thing of the past. I've had my TWSBI ECO for a year and a half and never had an issue. Can't help with the GO review, but I am a TWSBI fan. As @Vacumatic said I think a lot of the cracked sections are user error.

I just had to go and post this... Just noticed cracking in my section as I changed inks... I have reached out to TWSBI customer service and will keep this updated with how it turns out.

My advice is to leave the nib alone on a Twsbi but I would be interested to hear of anyone who has a cracked section and has never removed the nib.
Just had to go and post that I thought section cracking was user error and a thing of the past... just noticed my section is cracked.
Also I had never removed the nib.

Good news. Twsbi already responded and will send a replacement barrel if I pay shipping cost. If only their QC was as good as their customer service.

Just had to go and post that I thought section cracking was user error and a thing of the past... just noticed my section is cracked.
Also I had never removed the nib.

When the barrel arrives you will need to transfer all the bits over, you are probably smarter than I am because I needed to make a full use of a youtube vid in getting the filling mechanism to fit properly during the swap over. My main problem was the positioning of the threaded rod into the knob.

Also, the feed has a small recess where the nib must fit, I dont remember the instructions from twsbi making this sufficiently clear, I was thinking that the user error was down to the refitting of the nib outside of this reces followed by the user pushing the feed home a little too firmly, but perhaps not.

When the barrel arrives you will need to transfer all the bits over, you are probably smarter than I am because I needed to make a full use of a youtube vid in getting the filling mechanism to fit properly during the swap over. My main problem was the positioning of the threaded rod into the knob.

Also, the feed has a small recess where the nib must fit, I dont remember the instructions from twsbi making this sufficiently clear, I was thinking that the user error was down to the refitting of the nib outside of this reces followed by the user pushing the feed home a little too firmly, but perhaps not.

Thank you for the advice. I will definitely be watching a goulet youtube walk through when attempting it. Hopefully I don't break this one too :001_rolle

Had to replace parts on the wife's twsbi mini. They replaced parts with shipping. It it's something that never should ja e happened. No more twsbis in this house. Helped her purse got stolen out of her car with the pen but I replaced it with a pilot...

I might be late to the party, but I've had two TWSBI ECOs with different nib sizes (med and fine) and I've not had any issues. The worst problem that I have with them is that coworkers tend to borrow them a lot.

The good thing about Twsbis is that they are not precious enough to enough to say No when someone wants to borrow them, as long as they just dont pull the cap off the screw thread as happened to me when someone just picked up a 1920s Parker Duofold and pulled the cap off and stripped the threads.

Would I be correct in thinking that you havent removed your nibs, or if you did, you settled the nib into recess on the feed?

Even though I am not a huge fan of the brand they are good value for a piston filled pen, I have two Ecos, a Medium and a Stub. Not really a stub fan I must admit, my writing style and stubs dont mix, perhaps they are better suited to people who only write in print as opposed to cursive. After some smoothing the nib works well enough.

Top Bottom