What's new

Can anyone review their TWSBI GO?

Would I be correct in thinking that you havent removed your nibs, or if you did, you settled the nib into recess on the feed?

This was my thinking too about those who had cracking issues. However, I never removed the nib and still got a nice crack in the section. I have no idea what caused it. One day it wasn't there the next it was.

I must hold my hand up and found the crack in one of my pens the day after I had removed the nib and pushed it home. My other Eco has never had the nib out and has been crack free, you can see how I put 2 and 2 together.

My wife's mini broke. Replaced the section for cost of shipping. Meh. It wrote nice with a 1.1mm but cracking on her sucked.

When her car got broken I to and her purse jacked I replaced the mini with a Prera.

Lately I have been finding more and more pens that have had the sections crack on them. I had a pilot metropolitan that had the seams split and leaked ink on my fingers. I was able to glue the seams and stop the pen from leaking. I also had my TWSBI Eco develop micro cracks in the section that never leaked but I still got a replacement for the barrel anyway just in case. I just had a PENBBS pen that I received and the section on that one developed cracks and leak onto my hands as well and got a replacement section for that one and so far I have had no issues with it. I think that the plastic that is being used in batches and the pressure that is being placed on the plastic while being molded is really what the issue is. I must just really be unlucky but that is just the way that things go sometimes.

Top Bottom